Ferry crossing and driving/rest hours

whelmic:
Also remember that the 11 hours rest + 1 hour movements must occur within 24 hours of starting your previous shift

Correct so if you have been on duty for more than 13hrs by the time you reach the port, you can’t use the ferry mode without getting the obligatory infringement for not taking enough daily rest within the mandatory 24hr period, Regardless of how much driving time you have accumulated during that 24hr period IIRC, If multi manned this would be different, because it would have to all fit into a 30hr period

When i have used the ferry function i only used it for moving on /off the ferry So arrive at port book in get ticket cabin card, park in correct lane ,set tacho on break ( start of daily rest) , when called to embark onto ferry use ferry mode , 1 interruption , once parked on vehicle deck , set back to rest mode, when back in cab when time to disembark the ferry, again set to ferry mode again from rest, until i reach a safe /suitable parking place within the remaining time left in the permitted max 1hr period allowed then continue with my 11hr daily rest period. the rules being it, must fit within the 24hrs period

So adding any time onto the 11hrs is pointless and doesn’t count as daily rest if it takes you outside the 24hr period, so could cause an unnecessary delay or missed booking in time, resulting in grieve from the boss, or worse still if you are an owner-driver should they refuse to tip you