Trans Arabia /S. Jones of Aldridge:A few pics

Recovering 114 on this mountain rd was very difficult , owing to the fact it died on the steep incline when the Suzze lines fired up with the flames giving Tony no chance to park up .( Not as there was anywhere to go ) !!! he bailed out at 5000 ft and piled rocks behind the trailer , knowing that the whole outfit of 85 tons could runaway back down the mountain to Jeddah ,TT you did good !!! there where no brakes holding this ridiculous load , when I checked it over I found the (spring brakes) on the Mac had melted , the rear tyres had melted to the rd this in some way gave us some help !! The mountain rd was busy , red hot sun on a two way incline , the traffic just kept on overtaking us blowing there air horns , shouting INFIDEL INFIDEL and Fff off in Arabic taking the Mickey out of two white burned blokes ,who had blocked the rd, for some 200 ft ,making sure we had to take every precaution ■■ we must have been the talk of KSA , pulling the pin & Parting the Mac from the trailer was like ■■ The scariest part was As we towed out the unit from under the trailer with the ERF !! would the ratchet hand brake and the rocks hold this load , !!! It did move a little but held, the trailer hit the legs like a lead balloon and the front end dipped with the weight by now it was 3ft off the deck , I went off to find a crane , To load the Mac onto TC empty trailer . The driver of the crane was a mad man !! Idid not think he would stop as I followed him down the first 1,1/2 1000 ft with his jib bouncing up and down , eventually loading the truck onto TC trailer we took it to the top of Tief , Now for the Trailer with Clicker Jacks and scaffolding poles we mauled and mauled the trailer so TC could hitch up , with no brakes on this load it was fortunate we went up hill , all this because of you know who , what a waste of another Mac and trailer and bloody hard work for nothing in the Hot Hot sun of Saudi , Tony Cope was a great help , ,That idiot said he should have left TONY TOMKINS in Jail ■■ Ron