Trans Arabia /S. Jones of Aldridge:A few pics

ronhawk:
That bloke makes me smile ,( S Jones misjudged the Trucks what’s that all about ? ) This was about our lads dipping there toes into red hot sand , with the best ERFs that they could afford to start up this now legendary Trans Arabia trucking , no wander some of our lads did a bit of Moonlighting with the Manager frightened to come out of his Air / Conditioned office it was the Brits that found out just how much was in the containers at Jeddah docks when the ■■■■■■■ took the Strain dragging the loads up Tief mountain , it was our lads that found the weight on the dolly Road train had ruptured the air tanks , it was our lads that took the risk on a single track coast to coast with road trains having the Police smash the head lights because of the Danger they caused to crazy Tonker drivers trying to overtake ? It was the Brits that found out how to survive in this heat with red hot brakes skilfully negotiating the mountains the steep gradients with Tonkers trying to push you over the edge , IT WAS THE MANAGER THAT BLAMED OUR LADS FOR THE MAC TRUCKS ENGINE WHEN HE THOUGHT HE COULD PUT RIDICULOUS 85 Ton LOADS ON THERE BACKS ? ( Well after all they where BRAND NEW 6x4s ) It was the Manager that claimed he came down Tief with a Road Train of 95tons , this is a blatant Lie , He certainly looked after. No 1, it was 1977 - When I went out as a driver for 2 1/2 years , and together with all the lads ,made the best of what we had , I can only praise our lads and the ERF Ngc who where the back bone of TRANS ARABIA , Ron

Mr Hawkins
Even after all these years you have such a large chip on your shoulder - bigger then a fried of potatoes.

Ron - you were employed as a mechanic not a driver - you did little driving out of Jeddah more for Martin out of Damman depot as there were less vehicles etc to look after.

I remember being begged by Aldridge to take you on due to the IR problem you had created in garage resulting in the men refusing to work with you!! I can see why.

Your comments above are for the bin as you really are talking gibberish and to agree with the drivers stealing money from their employer couple with your previous admittance of stealing cigars from Binzagr containers say it all - your are a bad one even at your tender age.

Interestingly you appear to have fallen out with most of your employers over the years - wonder what it is about you personality!!!

For gods sake go and enjoy the rest of your days so you can go to the grave in peace.

Bon voyage

Ken b