S. jones of aldridge

CJA1:

Guesty44:

tractordriver:

I can confirm that it was an S Jones motor! It was a tipper unit from new and was badly damaged after hitting a lorry on the hard shoulder of the M1 in the mid 70s. The cab was a total write off and she stood in the yard for a few months during which time the diff gearbox and engine had been used in other fleet vehicles. The time came for a decision and the insurance said it would have to go back together so she had a new later cab fitted- a recon 180, a diff and a gearbox. She was also converted to a tanker, so she was firescreened and had a cargo pump and hand throttle fitted.

When she left the workshop, she was better than new!

I notice you say she had a 180 fitted?
It has its origanal 150 LXB in it so was it put back in at a later date ■■
after it was sold off it worked as a whey tanker at Gamford Farms in Rosett Wrexham
parked up in 1988 and left to rot

This I have tucked away with the rest in my shed,Remember it well
but can’t think of the dvr I do know we were in AOSTA and woke to this white stuff,
Will try and find some more.You can just see the name on the side maybe 1970s.
GUESTY44
[/quote]
Hi GUESTY44 remember waking up theer in Aosta early 70sish come over Blanc Late neet, December it wer on my way to Naples Snowing hard, parked up for customs, nxt Mornin Couldn"t open Kin Cab Door LoL"" Only had to use Chains once IIRC Happy Days?? Ps Funny how A picc can Rattle Grey Cells LoL""
[/quote]

jones.jpg