Compare the UK trucking to Canadian

Just like everywhere else in Canada, in New Brunswick there are an abundance of incredibly crap jobs that are so far beyond the pale of acceptability to British norms that they would break many peoples will to stick it out and many do return.
I’ve had a truly horrendous job here (to get PR), then a few average jobs that where fine while single but wouldn’t support a family or if they would, I’d never be with that family and now for the past four years I’ve been at an exceptionally good company, but the only reason they are exceptionally good is because they’re not primarily a transport company, they’re a greenhousing company that has 14 or 15 of their own trucks to deliver their own product during the various growing seasons and we do general freight in between.

I’m home 99% of weekends for the full weekend, and compared to all the bottom feeder companies in the area, I’m on very good pay and conditions and I’ve had 3 or 4 pay rises since I’ve worked here, something general transport companies almost never give unless half their fleet is empty and they’re desperate for meat in the seat.
As I say, I generally work five days a week, Monday to Friday and last year I grossed $62k, some of our guys who large it and choose to max out are in excess of $70k but I’m not here to work like that, I want a family life as I now have a wife and a toddler and this is as good as its going to get without moving back to England.