Forth road bridge closed - merged

Hello all,

Long-time reader and former member…

Why this driver may have missed any / all signs warnings of the bridge closure it matters to a point no question…, but I believe the bigger issue is that Curries of Dumfries are paying an entire £426 a week based on a 55 hr. week plus night out money - equates to £7.74 an hour, with the princely overtime rate of - you have to be kidding me - £8.02 an hour.

This is from their very own website. They advertise, nice, newish equipment. Great, that will indeed pay the bills.

Mr Currie, I see you have been on ‘The Stobart school of trucking course…’

Now, before any of you berate this driver or any other for turning the motor over, he was f**king lucky not to be killed for a few brown boxes of ‘stuff’, maybe he was under pressure to be somewhere on time, and just took a risk like we have all done once in a while, thankfully we didn’t make the news, unfortunately he did.
But, myself, for £8.02 as an overtime rate, I would’ve turned around and headed back to the yard and threw the keys at them.

I would expect a, ‘They run me ragged every day and I was completely shagged out at the time…’ defence. They want the nearly impossible out of me nearly every day, day in day out, so my apologies if I missed the sign, I know it’s no excuse, but I am constantly tired, it’s a way of life to me now. My apologies for the disruption I may have caused. I’m sorry. ‘They,’ couldn’t personally give a ■■■■ about me either way, they will get another to fill the space I left…’ I was only trying to put food on the table for people who thankfully understand that I have to be away sometimes or else they might sack me…

Now, members, tell me - any of you, with the exception of rolling a truck, who hasn’t been there…

Do line up…