Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
Froggy,. Sorry, no more info on that pic …apart from the piece under the the photo, but nothing on location…by coincidence, at the bottom of our lane is an old narrow gauge railway line that has been made into a cycle / walking route that goes some seventy odd kms from Rosporden to Morlaix. At the next village up from us is a little museum, housed in the old station (more a halt really) outside is a small “train” (driven by a 4 cylinder petrol engine and three speed gearbox) and inside a huge collection of photos, some depicting that “train” in the pic, so I guess it was a fairly popular mode of transport back from the '20’s to the early mid fifties… ( the line closed in 1956)… :cry: my friends father use to catch the train the 6 kms to school every day, they were never charged a fare, and there was no official stopping place, the thing was so slow they’d just jump on / off when it suited them…different pace of life back then… :wink:

We had the same trains in my area. My Mum used to take it during the war, because of petrol shortage. She sitll tells me that, when the train had to climb steep hilss, passengers were asked to climb off and walk beside the track; they even had time to pick snails! The line was closed in 1948.

To come back to your picture, it appears I was mistaken; if it’s indeed a De Dion Bouton railcar, it’s a standard, and not metric gauge. Concerning the truck, maybe a Latil?