Just some general info

Three years ago I was on 34cpm in NB. After weeks of very low mileage and sitting for days on end at every stage of the trip I finally got to the point of calling another company about a job and as soon as my existing company found out about it, they more or less sacked me on the spot and sent around another English driver to my house who’d just arrived with an LMO to take back the truck before I’d even had chance to get my gear out of it. I hadn’t handed in my notice, I’d merely inquired about another job and all my company had to say was “We can’t be having trucks taken up by guys who aren’t staying when we have drivers with LMO’s fresh off the plane ready to do the job”. Funny how they suddenly had plenty of work and miles for that driver, but not for me.
Anyway, due to being pushed I had to take the other job which was 36cpm at the time, then the LMO fiasco came to a head and suddenly the flood gates were closed and it was panic stations at all the bottom dwelling companies. Some started upping their rates and the company I was with didn’t want their long term drivers leaving for more money so upped their rates ahead of the game. 3 years later, my pay has gone from 34cpm to 43cpm and I’m convinced that would never have happened had the status quo with TFW’s being allowed to continue.