Wits end with daughter

I’ve always had a great relationship with daughter( 24 yrs old) ,until the last 6 months or so ,she lives at home with us and she seems have turned from being a helpful nice girl to be a argumentative awkward,stroppy,lazy so-so ,I do everything for here ,pick her up 2/3 in morning from clubs ,take her everywhere ,sort her car out ,fuel,wash it ,get it serviced ,tidy her bedroom on my day off ,run myself ragged after her ,get no thanks ,she makes herself a cup of teaand doesn’t bother asking if I want one ,or make Me one ,I picked her up sat night at 3 a.m from club ,all she said was when did you finish work ,no happy Father’s Day card ,not even a happy Father’s Day .
I’m at my wits end with it , I just can’t see what’s changed ,as if she resents me ,I didn’t think I’d ever say it but told her too pack her bags and go the other night ( I didn’t mean it ) she just stood and smirked at me ,I just hit the bloody door .
The Mrs says its a stage she’s going through,but she’s 24 yrs old ,I’d never put here on the streets ,but I think it’s time I moved out and we both had some space .
Sorry for the rant .

Been there, done that.
The only time she will appreciate all you do for her is when you stop doing it. But you will be sent on a guilt trip and blackmailed emotionally before things change.
My daughter used to do the night club dads taxi thing. When I told her she would have to make alternative arrangements to get home at 03:00, I got the response of “well it will be your fault if I get raped because you wouldn’t pick me up”
Wife refused to do her washing to the point that my daughter blamed her that she had nothing to wear to go to work. Wife handed her the washing machine manual and the look on my daughters face was priceless.
Cruel to be kind as they say

Never pamper them, they don’t appreciate it, won’t respect you because of it and you’re not helping them to grow up.

Kick her out, 24 is old. Young men are in combat at 18 ffs.

Stop treating her like she is a child…tidying her room,chasing after her,sorting out all her issues,time she grew up,stop EVERYTHiNG you do for her then she may actually realise how much you did for her and show you a bit of respect.
My lads 7 years old and I’d never dream of cleaning his room for him that’s his job,he even has to hoover it himself,granted under supervision.

Making a rod for your own back here son!

bestbooties:
Making a rod for your own back here son!

Think he already done that

Nope do not enter her room at all

Not your fault if she get drunk so she can’t drive herself home do as wife done give her a phone book tell her to book taxi before she goes for set time & pick up give her the manual to her car when something goes wrong she has the manual

By the time I had my 1st vehicle I could fuel up check oil / water / radiator / washer bottle / batery as you did back then could also do rotar arm points plugs condenser etc change a radiator take starter motor out

Stop treating her as if she is 4 & treat her like an adult it may help

ckm1981:
My lads 7 years old and I’d never dream of cleaning his room for him that’s his job,he even has to hoover it himself,granted under supervision.

They still need Chimney Sweeps, so you could keep him busy. Lol.

martinviking:

ckm1981:

They still need Chimney Sweeps, so you could keep him busy. Lol.

Apparently now you have to be at least 8 to do it,stupid health and safety again!
But in anticipation of when he turns 8 I have been lowering him down into the sewers for a few hours every day so he can be used to dark confined spaces.

She’s an adult, so let her do things for herself, she has to learn how to do things as if you parents arn’t there. Everyday Life skills !

And she needs to learn to show more respect to her parents, instead of taking advantage of your kindness.

Hate to say this but is there any chance she has got herself involved with drugs in some way?

PW

PilotWolf:
Hate to say this but is there any chance she has got herself involved with drugs in some way?

PW

Interesting that you should ask that, all kids behave like this around their teens.
The hormones kick in and they are first starting to try and find their place in their little peer group etc

But if they still act like ungrateful and disrespectful teenagers in their 20s that’s not normal (well actually it IS THESE DAYS)

No bird would ever become a real bird if it never had to strengthen and use it’s own wings because parent bird kept bringing worms and made staying in the nest a more attractive option (a mini Royal residence for a mini Royal brat) than outside the nest.

You ought to try and have a stepson in his late teens that has taken a liking to smoking weed and drinking beer ,horrible ■■■■■■■■ one of the many reasons i divorced his mam :cry:

seth 70:
You ought to try and have a stepson in his late teens that has taken a liking to smoking weed and drinking beer ,horrible [zb],its one of the many reasons i divorced his mam :cry:

I’ve got one of them & I would do the same if it weren’t for my two young daughters

mutley:

seth 70:
You ought to try and have a stepson in his late teens that has taken a liking to smoking weed and drinking beer ,horrible [zb],its one of the many reasons i divorced his mam :cry:

I’ve got one of them & I would do the same if it weren’t for my two young daughters

He once gave me the ;;your not my dad treatment;;my reply was ;im glad im not m8;;,he didnt know what to say :wink: i was stuck in the middle of him and his mam and whatever i said was wrong,total nightmare pal,never wanted to go home to my own house,never ever again :cry:

I had my 16 yr old daughter out cutting the grass with an electric flymo. A passer by told me that I was irresponsible letting her do that. I said she will be driving next year.Letting a 24yr old behave like a 10 year old is doing no-one any favours.

Blunt reply: be a doormat for the rest of your life, or grow a pair and be a man.
You don’t have to kick her out, but at least start by laying down some ground rules for her to stay in your house.
Number one; she’s 24, no running around after her.
number two; she’s 24, no running around after her.
number three; shes’ 24, no running around after her…

Grow some.

Your house
Your rules
Don’t like it
Leave the keys by the door on the way out

ckm1981:
Stop treating her like she is a child…tidying her room,chasing after her,sorting out all her issues,time she grew up,stop EVERYTHiNG you do for her then she may actually realise how much you did for her and show you a bit of respect.

100% agreed…that’s how my daughter was brought up from a slightly younger age…no easy living, taught right from wrong, little jobs around the house etc, you want it, you earn it. Schoolwork came before anything else and she was pushed hard by myself. She’s now 20 (lives with her mother as we divorced years ago) and fortunately she pushed herself through school and left with 5 A levels…English, maths, Business Studies, Equine Science and Latin…she has always wanted to be a vet or have stables. She now attends Oxford Brooke’s Uni and is taking the latter 3 subjects to degree level and to say I’m proud is an understatement…all this through not having an easy start in life and not getting her own way much…it’s tough but it’s gotta be done…like I tell the wife when her 21y/o gimp wants something done…my mum stopped wiping my arse when I was 3! He couldn’t function without her at his beck and call…boneidle good for nothing prick…doesn’t work, doesn’t give a ■■■■ about anything as long as he can sit and play pc games all day…gimp ■■■■■■■■■■ my ■■■■ itch

My daughter is 6 and I get that from her and im not happy. lol.

Totally understand your rant here buddy.

I wouldnt say kick her out. I would say try and show her that you are on her side and for her to sit down and have a chat with you about whats going on. just like my daughter now… looks like youve spoilt yours. Yes. mine is spoilt already. but shes the only girl grandchild in the family from both sides…so shes been adored and spoilt but us all.

Anyway, there must be a reason for the change of attitude. you need to find out what it is and why its happening.

this may sound the stupidest thing ever… but some people say Marriage brings responsibility.
Is she working? if so, can she afford to move out? or will she need abit of support? perhaps you can assist. if shes not working… help her get a job?

Reason why I say dont boot out is because if anything goes wrong…you will only blame yourself.

mrkazman:
My daughter is 6 and I get that from her and im not happy. lol.

Totally understand your rant here buddy.

I wouldnt say kick her out. I would say try and show her that you are on her side and for her to sit down and have a chat with you about whats going on. just like my daughter now… looks like youve spoilt yours. Yes. mine is spoilt already. but shes the only girl grandchild in the family from both sides…so shes been adored and spoilt but us all.

Anyway, there must be a reason for the change of attitude. you need to find out what it is and why its happening.

this may sound the stupidest thing ever… but some people say Marriage brings responsibility.
Is she working? if so, can she afford to move out? or will she need abit of support? perhaps you can assist. if shes not working… help her get a job?

Reason why I say dont boot out is because if anything goes wrong…you will only blame yourself.

Bit different between 6 and 24 though.