ERF 'European' (1975)

3300John:
Hiya …i notice more photos have been posted while i was printing mine.on the tar sprayer
lorry which looks to have a one piece screen…WOW thats worth some money to the right person.
if you look closely at the mw cabs some have 2 flat screen like the Crusader. others have a two
piece screen like a crusader but curved and some have a single curved screen…NO i have no idea why.
Back to the tar sprayer look at the roof above the screen there,s a rusty section about 9inches wide
also above the door is another section (rusty) this roof before the sections was spot welded in would
have been a Guy big J or Seddon day cab roof.the lorry has big j doors which have been shortened
at jennings and a step has been made to fit under the short door. its a late model lorry as its got
7inch headlights. the lorry seems to have the automatic vented grill usually fitted to the ■■■■■■■
engined lorries. the tar sprayer would be a slow moving vehicle so would most likely need the vented
air intake with a dynair fan for cooling.
John

Hi John. The tar sprayer looks like a two-piece 'screen to me. All the 5MWs I can find on the internet have these, but all the 7MW Europeans have one 'screen. Here are some photos of what appears to be a superb restoration of one:
flickrhivemind.net/Tags/erf,mw/Timeline