Portsmouth/Fareham Companies

thatbrit:

toby1234abc:
I pulled for Bob Garnett and Paul Fogden T/a Freight Transfer.Both did Motivo drops for Jcb tractors.High in the trailer roof.
Funny how the Portuguese drivers could drop their trailer on the bay all night but only foreign drivers that had to move the truck all night.
Fast asleep.Bang on door.Open trailer sides for long pallet or tube/pipe to go on.
The old road from Pamplona to Irun was dangerous.In ice and snow the bum hole was twitching like the neighbours net curtains.
No Abs back then and fully freighted.
Leave Porto 11 am Saturday for a 8 am delivery monday in the Uk.How we never fell asleep and crash is a miracle.

I did a few JCBs from Seabrook Int always great fun pulling the tilts back in the dark at the factory especially on a cold frosty night Christ I used to hate them things. What ever happened to Paul Fogden I done a deal with him on one of his troubleliners no need to say who got the better end of that. He gave me a load to Gib as a well but it had to be double handed as someone had forgot it and it was wanted at the then new safeways should have known better don’t do to well out of that one. still if I remember it was a bit of a laugh. Happy days

Yeah as mentioned before Toby, I did a stint for Foggy in the late 90’s when he was trading as Internation Express, Mogley was in the office then and we was doing Spain, Gibralta and Portugal with JCB’s and the usual groupage loads home. All done straight though which made a change. I did however know Foggy in the late 80’s when he had just one truck, a Daf 3300 IIRC. Foggy as far as I know was last seen pulling for Davies Turner doing Morroco with his own Magnum.

Pete