Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Every one has their favourite restaurant some where, among the many I’ve known, my particular favourite was the Auberge du Col du Bonhomme on top of the Col du Bonhomme France a friendly place to eat, and on a cold winters night a good place to warm up, and spend a pleasant evening in the company of other drivers be they Brits, Dutch, French, Swiss, or whoever, the old lady who owned it was always friendly and welcoming, she was renowned by the drivers that stopped there for her locally caught trout served with roast sliced almonds, making my mouth water just thinking of it, and finishing off with a local cheese called Munster Kase, stunk like a dead polecat that been in the sun for two weeks, but get it past your nose and the taste was like heaven, plus a couple of coffee calvados and you where set up for a long night drive, if when you left you where stuck in the snow she would send the waiters out with buckets of cinders from the fires to put under your wheels, you never got stuck there. A lovely lady who I don’t think is with us anymore, but the restaurant is still there.

Ossie