WTD help required

bigsib:
I supose that the question I realy should ask is:-

For WTD reasons NOT drivers hours, how do I book a week not worked, be it for holiday sick or jury service?

Coffee? Tacho?

Oh by the way i can only claim £60ish per day from courts for loss of earnings, so its gonna hit my pocket too…

I sympathise with what you’re saying but as far as I can see, jury service isn’t calculated into the WTD average hours.

I did manage to find a guide to the WTD for railway workers which states that jury service is not calculated into the average week, but haven’t found anything on the road transport WTD that specifically mentions jury service.

You could contact VOSA for confirmation, but to be honest I wouldn’t be to optimistic.

Your best bet is probably to hope that the people who you work for aren’t too well informed about the WTD for road transport mobile workers :wink:

For statutory holidays, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave, adoption or parental leave, assuming that you’re employed hours are calculated weekly you should calculate 48 hours per week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday), or 8 hours per day for any odd days or a week that doesn’t run Monday to Sunday.

3.5 Calculating the average when leave is taken

You cannot use statutory annual leave, sick leave, maternity, paternity, adoption or parental leave in order to reduce the average working time performed during the reference period. So when calculating the average weekly working time, any maternity, paternity, adoption, parental leave, sick leave - as well as the statutory paid annual leave entitlement must not affect the result of your calculation.