Holiday Pay entitlement

I have an ongoing dispute at work at the moment regarding my holiday pay. I work for a Recovery company on 4 on 4 off. My set hours are 8-6 and I have a set wage for these hours, before and after these hours we are on price work, depending on what the job is. I only received my set wage when I take holidays as they class the other jobs as “peace work” and they don’t need to be taken into account when working out my holiday pay. Can anyone tell me if this is correct■■?

Yes it’s your basic pay, that excludes payment for outside your set hours, overtime, bonuses of any kind, meal and night out allowance.
My current employer pays my holiday pay at an average of my previous 12 weeks earned

So I’m only entitled to my 10 hours I work per day not the compulsory overtime I do at price per job?

Grumpy Dad:
Yes it’s your basic pay, that excludes payment for outside your set hours, overtime, bonuses of any kind, meal and night out allowance.
My current employer pays my holiday pay at an average of my previous 12 weeks earned

I’d argue against that my friend. My understanding is that it is what it says on the tin; average pay! That means your average top line minus expenses over the 12 week period.

I’ve just looked at my payslip for the week off I had for the TT and it states 10 hours per day @£16.90 p/h.

Edit to add; £16.48 p/h. Bloody Alzheimer’s :imp:

the maoster:

Grumpy Dad:

I’d argue against that my friend. My understanding is that it is what it says on the tin; average pay! That means your average top line minus expenses over the 12 week period.

I’ve just looked at my payslip for the week off I had for the TT and it states 10 hours per day @£16.90 p/h.

Maoster, you’re right :wink: it’s an average of the last 12 weeks
that’s why my TM has a habbit of curbing my hours before my holiday :imp:

My TM is not clever enough to do that :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

blue estate:

the maoster:

Grumpy Dad:

Maoster, you’re right :wink: it’s an average of the last 12 weeks
that’s why my TM has a habbit of curbing my hours before my holiday :imp:

Sorry erase the overtime as it is included, my average is for the previous 12 weeks with no nights out, meal allowances or bonuses, this week I’ve worked 7 days ( now that’s going to cause a stir :laughing: ) which would be included.