New Pass Saying Hello

Hi Guys,

Been coming on here and reading posts and enjoying the forums for some time. Finally passesd my class 2 practical today so thought I’d say hello, I’m based in NW England.

Just the CPC mod 4 to do on Monday now and I’m all set. Planning on going back and doing class 1 as soon as possible also.

Just wanna say I’ve really found it very helpful going through the info on here and also seeing other new drivers on the boards too.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can be kind enough to help.

1. Once I send my license off, can I work before it comes back to me? Is a copy of my pass certificate and the DVLA license checker facility enough for potential employers?

2. Is it best to start with Agency work, there are some firms taking on drivers perm but with me planning to do class 1 is it best would you say to get a taste for different types of driving jobs first?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

) Once I send my license off, can I work before it comes back to me? Is a copy of my pass certificate and the DVLA license checker facility enough for potential employers?

1. Is it best to start with Agency work, there are some firms taking on drivers perm but with me planning to do class 1 is it best would you say to get a taste for different types of driving jobs first?
  1. Yes, legally you can drive before your licence comes back. But some employers don’t accept this. Don’t panic cos it often comes back within a week. You will, of course, need your cpc before you can drive professionally.

2. I would say it’s best to get a perm job driving class 2 with a company that operates classes 2 and 1. That way you might get an opportunity to move to class 1 without having to change jobs.

Hope this helps; all the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
I would say it’s best to get a perm job driving class 2 with a company that operates classes 2 and 1. That way you might get an opportunity to move to class 1 without having to change jobs.

Hope this helps; all the best with it, Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

It worked for me, I started with the company I am at now as a 7.5 tonne driver and now I have moved up to class one and I have my ADR.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, that’s good to hear.

Have my CPC passed now and License and Taco card are all sent off for. I’ve been busy applying for jobs and am going round the agencies with my CV tomorrow.

Hopefully a bit of perseverance and I’ll get a start somewhere. I’m going to book my class 1 as soon as also.

Cant wait to get started driving!