Reporting people to the police

How often had to do this and what would it take for you to report someone. We have dash cams etc so the evidence is there.

grass,tout,road commander,dashcam warrior,armchair viking,wassock,nimby fanny.
all these things spring instantly to mind as a reply…anymore from anyone else?
deal with it yourself on the spot,or if you dont have the balls,then dont bother for 99% of all instances.
there is the random ott few,but few and far betwen.

I assume you’re talking about reporting motorists for motoring offences, I never have and it would take seriously deliberate dangerous driving together with irrefutable evidence to make me do so.

I don’t take this attitude because of a “don’t grass” philosophy I take this attitude because I don’t agree with reporting people for what could be a genuine mistake or bad judgement call, something that all of us who have been driving for more than 5 minutes have been guilty of.

Apart from that I prefer to leave the moral high ground to people who in their minds believe they belong there.

Wouldn’t report anyone myself personally. “People who live in glass houses,etc…”

personally i would only bother if the one in question was obviously drunk or under other such stuff. as that is in my opinion the only situation he/she would be a danger to me or other people.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Overheard a planner bollocking a subby the other day as one of his drivers had overtook one of the company’s drivers in the two lane roadworks on the a1m. The company driver then reported him, sad individual.

Jimmy McNulty:
Overheard a planner bollocking a subby the other day as one of his drivers had overtook one of the company’s drivers in the two lane roadworks on the a1m. The company driver then reported him, sad individual.

What exactly happened, and was it against the law?

As the start of most of my UK trips started just outside Dover and often at silly oclock in the morning I often came across stuff that required police intervention .
People just driving like prats were ignored unless it was wrong side of dual carriageways .
I have found vehicles upside down with wheels still spinning .
Trucks unloading illegals .
Trucks in live lanes transfering loads .
Trucks parked in live lanes with curtains drawn and no lights .
Crashed trucks on roundabouts .
Dead large farm animals .
Loose farm animals in the fog .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

ram_1979:
How often had to do this and what would it take for you to report someone. We have dash cams etc so the evidence is there.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc

robroy:

ram_1979:

youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc

I don’t get it. Surely you must come across plenty of stuff, people overtaking, cutting you up, being abusive, dangerous or reckless driving, and plenty more putting your life in risk. Do you just shrug it off?

ram_1979:
I don’t get it. Surely you must come across plenty of stuff, people overtaking, cutting you up, being abusive, dangerous or reckless driving, and plenty more putting your life in risk. Do you just shrug it off?

Yes because it happens constantly. If you allow it to get to you and stress you out you’ll put yourself in an early grave.

ram_1979:

robroy:

ram_1979:

youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc

That’s about it bud, if I got my undercrackers in a twist everytime that happened (give you the cutting in bit btw :smiling_imp: ) in the time I’ve done this job I’d be on my 3rd stroke/heart attck by now
Plus…I aint a copper, it’s not my job!

I aint the type who sits down to ■■■■ rather than stand, talks in a whiny voice, wears a cardigan, got no female contact or spots trains either, so I don’t fit the criteria of some self righteous, self appointed traffic cop who can’t keep his weasly snout out of things that don’t concern him. :bulb:
Now do you ‘‘Get it’’ ■■
:unamused:

I’ve put this on the main forum, to discuss, and see what the experienced guys think of this. :bulb:

Not done it yet in 31 yrs and can’t imagine I ever will unless someone was obviously drunk and driving.

No it’s not my job. I just rise above it all and let it drift over my head.

ram_1979:

robroy:

ram_1979:

youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc

You should get it.Or in this job you will constantly be phoning the old bill.Never have and don’t think i would either.Unless of course they were ■■■■■■ up and all over the place.Driving standards from all drivers be it cars or trucks are pretty atrocious nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ram_1979:

robroy:

ram_1979:

youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc

Yes.

If i rang the old bill whenever something like the above happened id never get any work done as id constantly be on the phone.

The police should be catching real crooks anyway rather then dealing with a bit of bad driving caught on a dashcam

ram_1979:
Do you just shrug it off?

In my twenties…

If I was carved up, I’d set off in hot pursuit (in those days you could cog it down and chase someone). I’d end up in verbal shouting matches with car and other lorry drivers. The same things continued to happen after that.

In my thirties, I’d voice my displeasure at other drivers and occaisionally end up in shouty Mr Angry verbals at traffic lights etc. The same things continued to happen after that.

In my forties, I’d get rather shouty in the cab and sometimes raise my middle finger at the offender. The same things continued to happen after that.

In my fifties, I can’t remember anything that got me angry. Just a casual ‘you stupid moron’ about the perp to myself and carry on. The same things continued to happen after that.

Just shrug it off. No amount of you getting out of the cab or reporting it to the old bill will ever change peoples impatience, incompetence or sheer bloody mindedness.

tachograph:
I assume you’re talking about reporting motorists for motoring offences, I never have and it would take seriously deliberate dangerous driving together with irrefutable evidence to make me do so.

I don’t take this attitude because of a “don’t grass” philosophy I take this attitude because I don’t agree with reporting people for what could be a genuine mistake or bad judgement call, something that all of us who have been driving for more than 5 minutes have been guilty of.

Apart from that I prefer to leave the moral high ground to people who in their minds believe they belong there.

+1

dieseldog999:
grass,tout,road commander,dashcam warrior,armchair viking,wassock,nimby fanny.
all these things spring instantly to mind as a reply…

Comes as no surprise from someone who still displays the maturity of a primary school child. Funny how if you’re the victim and someone says something to the police that helps you that you and the childish prats like you don’t consider that grassing.

The people I’ve reported have either been clearly drunk or in a couple of cases have been weaving down the road watching a film on a tablet propped up on the dash in front of their speedo where they don’t think anyone can see - they should have their licenses taken off them. One pillock was even doing it at 6am in the morning through the M1 roadworks at J23a-25. Shame he never piled into the concrete crash barriers, might have learned a lesson.

Other than that a quick pap on the horn and depending on what they’re doing when you pass a gesture of disapproval or not but more than not it isn’t even worth the effort doing that. Things like people cutting in too early is just an error of judgement, drop back, give them a bit of horn if you must, move on. Working nights you see a scary amount who are weaving in and out the hard shoulder and its nothing to do with them doing anything other than fighting sleep so a quick pip on the horn as you pass usually wakes them up a bit. Stress heads chasing for the boat like my favourite Irishman on here driving up your backside and raging at the steering wheel with a forehead full of blood vessels about to burst are just a fact of life, let them get on with their race to their next heart attack.

Wind ya neck in chill…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk