Reporting people to the police

In over 50 years in this industry, i have never found the need to Grass anyone up, if they drive like idiots, thats their problem, if it affects me in a bad way like forcing me to brake or swerve, then i give it the horn and flash the lights, and hopefully catch em up at the next services, then confront em…the only time i would report someone is, If I could prove they are drunk, or acting like they’re drunk behind the wheel, then i would.

Interesting and mature replies, I’m a bit more to the report people side, not massively and would depend on the day/week but I definitely have that kind of streak, I think it’s on the same level as road rage though in the sense where you take out any grievances, built up off the road, on the road, sort of thing, which I know is a dangerous thnig and will only end in misery for all. I find it hard to turn the other cheek, it kind of degrades you.

ram_1979:
Interesting and mature replies, I’m a bit more to the report people side, not massively and would depend on the day/week but I definitely have that kind of streak, I think it’s on the same level as road rage though in the sense where you take out any grievances, built up off the road, on the road, sort of thing, which I know is a dangerous thnig and will only end in misery for all. I find it hard to turn the other cheek, it kind of degrades you.

Just be careful you don’t make any mistakes yourself mate that could be misconstrued as bad driving, there may be someone like yoursef following you with their phone on speed dial to the Old Bill. :unamused:

Bit of advice, take it or leave it I aint fussed…, concentrate on your own driving, and leave others, good or bad, to concentrate on theirs, and leave policing to The Police…they get paid for it you know.
Much more condusive to good health and sanity mate. :bulb:

robroy:

ram_1979:

Just be careful you don’t make any mistakes yourself mate that could be misconstrued as bad driving, there may be someone like yoursef following you with their phone on speed dial to the Old Bill. :unamused:

Bit of advice, take it or leave it I aint fussed…, concentrate on your own driving, and leave others, good or bad, to concentrate on theirs, and leave policing to The Police…they get paid for it you know.

Yeah great idea but there’s not enough around on the roads, too busy dealing with other crimes deemed more important!

Drivers know most of the time they can get away with their dangerous antics so they keep doing it. Need a deterrent. More traffic cops!

jakethesnake:

robroy:

ram_1979:

Yeah great idea but there’s not enough around on the roads, too busy dealing with other crimes deemed more important!

Drivers know most of the time they can get away with their dangerous antics so they keep doing it. Need a deterrent. More traffic cops!

That’s twice this year we’ve agreed on something :open_mouth: …I must be slipping. :smiley:
Correct we need more good old fashioned Traffic Police, the ones that were about when I started, they used their discretion, gave you a bollocking and told you to ■■■■ off…that way they earned respect.

What we do not need is more wannabe civilian robocops armed with their notebook pens and phone cameras, dressed like Alan Partridge, on a one man crusade to ‘‘Keep us all safe out there’’ :unamused:

Conor:

dieseldog999:
grass,tout,road commander,dashcam warrior,armchair viking,wassock,nimby fanny.
all these things spring instantly to mind as a reply…

Comes as no surprise from someone who still displays the maturity of a primary school child. Funny how if you’re the victim and someone says something to the police that helps you that you and the childish prats like you don’t consider that grassing.

The people I’ve reported have either been clearly drunk or in a couple of cases have been weaving down the road watching a film on a tablet propped up on the dash in front of their speedo where they don’t think anyone can see - they should have their licenses taken off them. One pillock was even doing it at 6am in the morning through the M1 roadworks at J23a-25. Shame he never piled into the concrete crash barriers, might have learned a lesson.

Other than that a quick pap on the horn and depending on what they’re doing when you pass a gesture of disapproval or not but more than not it isn’t even worth the effort doing that. Things like people cutting in too early is just an error of judgement, drop back, give them a bit of horn if you must, move on. Working nights you see a scary amount who are weaving in and out the hard shoulder and its nothing to do with them doing anything other than fighting sleep so a quick pip on the horn as you pass usually wakes them up a bit. Stress heads chasing for the boat like my favourite Irishman on here driving up your backside and raging at the steering wheel with a forehead full of blood vessels about to burst are just a fact of life, let them get on with their race to their next heart attack.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
is that you just confirming for the record that apart from being a night trunk @£11-50 per hour driving god that your also a…

[quote=grass,tout,road commander,dashcam warrior,armchair viking,wassock,nimby fanny.■■..[/quote]

I haven’t reported anyone but if someone’s giving the w***er sign, I don’t have much sympathy if they get into trouble for it, or it ends up on YouTube, you bring yourself to a very low level when you give offensive finger gestures, and it is against the law as well, as I understand it

Call em a stupid ■■■■ and keep driving.

Sploom:
I haven’t reported anyone but if someone’s giving the w***er sign, I don’t have much sympathy if they get into trouble for it, or it ends up on YouTube, you bring yourself to a very low level when you give offensive finger gestures, and it is against the law as well, as I understand it

I know mate. Can you imagine being put on Youtube gesturing to a car driver?

Thoroughly terrifying prospect…

OMFG I'm on youtube.png

eagerbeaver:

Sploom:

I know mate. Can you imagine being put on Youtube gesturing to a car driver?

Thoroughly terrifying prospect…

Yes, it would be highly embarrassing for my wife and children to see that, but it wouldn’t happen to me because I don’t drop to this level, horn yes, or wave my arms around to express my displeasure

Sploom:

:open_mouth: Hang on a minute…against the law to give finger gestures?
Since when?
I give Police camera vans finger gestures as a matter of routine, and I’ve never been done for it yet.
There are worse things in this world than that mate.
Low level?..that’s down to opinion.
Unprofessional? Possiblly
Childish? Maybe,… but it makes me feel better, and I couldn’t give a ■■■■ if I ended up on You Tube for it either tbh. :neutral_face:

I got pulled by the ‘‘Banana Police’’ :unamused: in their tractor unit one day, (3 of them in it displaying their lack of resources btw) pointing their ■■■■ hand held camera in my boat :smiling_imp: .
I promptly gave them the finger with a well lip read type f. Off.
I was told it could promote road rage if done to a civilian, but you can sure as hell bet that if it was illegal, the ■■■■ s would have jumped on it and taken great pleasure in doing me for it.
So I doubt it is actually illegal as you say.

I have only ever called the police once whilst driving. That was when two (what look like) 12 year olds were going down the m25 at night on a moped with no helmets and driving like idiots. Literally pulling in front of me causing me to swerve rather than kill them.

I wasn’t trying to get them in trouble. I thought if the old bill pulled them it might save their life. I don’t think I did anything wrong. Some will disagree.

For everything else - I swear to myself and get on with my own business. I have neither the time of the inclination to get other people in trouble. I have had words with a driver or two (and one or two have had words with me about my driving). But that’s adults talking to each other. We don’t need people to sort out our disagreements.

express.co.uk/life-style/ca … g-law-fine

jakethesnake:
Road rage SHOCK - How overreacting while driving could land you a £1,000 fine | Express.co.uk

Yep anothe example of our beloved authorities capitalising on something else, with a veiled and false agenda ti justify it.
Another nail in the coffin of our freedoms to express ourselves.
Typical of this country if something is offensive to the establishment as in this case, or something is popular with the masses…let’s say cheap supermarket beer for example, the ■■■■■ will either ban it, or preferably to them get their snouts in the trough to capitalise off it by either taxation or penalties.
Good old UK eh? :imp:

robroy:

jakethesnake:
Road rage SHOCK - How overreacting while driving could land you a £1,000 fine | Express.co.uk

Yep anothe example of our beloved authorities capitalising on something else, with a veiled and false agenda ti justify it.
Another nail in the coffin of our freedoms to express ourselves.
Typical of this country if something is offensive to the establishment as in this case, or something is popular with the masses…let’s say cheap supermarket beer for example, the [zb] will either ban it, or preferably to them get their snouts in the trough to capitalise off it by either taxation or penalties.
Good old UK eh? :imp:

Quite agree and that’s why I spend more and more time in Holland these days.Been back in UK this week and everyone seems so stressed. They could learn a lesson or two from the Dutch life style. Can’t wait to get on that ferry.

No one in…

Holland has a dashcam a Ytube account and dobs people in on it?

jakethesnake:

Good. About time the government addressed road rage and people starting fights with each other and crashing into each over petty little arguments about who was there first and who should have had right of way etc.

Double the fine from that and add 6 points I’d say. If you actually get out of the vehicle and start a punch up then a year ban from driving at least.

Second offence and ban for life.

Can’t keep your cool because someone has pulled out in front of you or someone has not let you out then you don’t deserve a licence.

yourhavingalarf:
No one in…

Holland has a dashcam a Ytube account and dobs people in on it?

Not got the time for it mate, there’s far too many special cakes to be eaten!

robroy:

Sploom:

:open_mouth: Hang on a minute…against the law to give finger gestures?
Since when?
I give Police camera vans finger gestures as a matter of routine, and I’ve never been done for it yet.
There are worse things in this world than that mate.
Low level?..that’s down to opinion.
Unprofessional? Possiblly
Childish? Maybe,… but it makes me feel better, and I couldn’t give a [zb] if I ended up on You Tube for it either tbh. :neutral_face:

I got pulled by the ‘‘Banana Police’’ :unamused: in their tractor unit one day, (3 of them in it displaying their lack of resources btw) pointing their [zb] hand held camera in my boat :smiling_imp: .
I promptly gave them the finger with a well lip read type f. Off.
I was told it could promote road rage if done to a civilian, but you can sure as hell bet that if it was illegal, the [zb] s would have jumped on it and taken great pleasure in doing me for it.
So I doubt it is actually illegal as you say.

You’ll love this one :laughing:

24housing.co.uk/news/motori … -the-bird/

Yes, £80 seems reasonable to me,so many times my day has been spoilt by someone making inappropriate finger gestures, and they’ve got away with it.
On the subject of police camera vans, I have drove in countries where there is no reinforcement of driver discipline,with lunatic drivers doing as they please, its not the way I would like this country to be.
What would the standard of driving be if we didn’t have the police vans?
Exactly. That’s why I wouldn’t put my fin