Landing that first job as a newbie

I’ve just passed my C+E at Peter Smythe. Can’t speak highly enough of them - I’d recommend them to anyone. I passed my class C with them in April, I also have my CPC and digicard.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for newly qualified drivers to land their first job?

Also, if anyone can suggest any companies that are newbie friendly in the Hemel Hempstead area, that’d be great. :smiley:

Captain_Amateur:
I’ve just passed my C+E at Peter Smythe. Can’t speak highly enough of them - I’d recommend them to anyone. I passed my class C with them in April, I also have my CPC and digicard.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for newly qualified drivers to land their first job?

Also, if anyone can suggest any companies that are newbie friendly in the Hemel Hempstead area, that’d be great. :smiley:

Lol, I passed with PSTT beginning of May and also highly recommend them. I live in Stevenage, so we are going to be competing for the same jobs potentially :stuck_out_tongue:

I passed with PSTT last year. Have a look for a Turners, Stobarts or Downtons. They take some stick on here but they will give you a start. Do 6 months and then move on. You will have far more options with that experience…

Passed c+e March 22nd licence came back on the 3rd April applied to AWJenkinson (website) that night got a call on the 5th April interview on the 9th April started on the 16th April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILL1961:

Captain_Amateur:

Lol, I passed with PSTT beginning of May and also highly recommend them. I live in Stevenage, so we are going to be competing for the same jobs potentially :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

Maybe I’ll see you at the interview stage!

kcrussell25:
I passed with PSTT last year. Have a look for a Turners, Stobarts or Downtons. They take some stick on here but they will give you a start. Do 6 months and then move on. You will have far more options with that experience…

Thanks kcrussell25 I’ll give them a go. Whatever you do, don’t tell BILL1961:wink:

LostSomeWhere:
Passed c+e March 22nd licence came back on the 3rd April applied to AWJenkinson (website) that night got a call on the 5th April interview on the 9th April started on the 16th April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats LostSomeWhere - good to hear that there is work out there.

Captain_Amateur:

BILL1961:

Captain_Amateur:

I think you’ll be using your class 1 before me fella, I’ve got to work 3 months notice in my current I.T job before I even start looking. So good luck mate, hope you get sonething soon, and then you can put a good word in for me :slight_smile:

BILL1961:

Captain_Amateur:

BILL1961:

Captain_Amateur:

[emoji38]

I think you’ll be using your class 1 before me fella, I’ve got to work 3 months notice in my current I.T job before I even start looking. So good luck mate, hope you get sonething soon, and then you can put a good word in for me :slight_smile:

I was told I had to work 3 months notice at my last job…they can’t penalise you though if you leave early. They can’t withhold pay and they certainly can’t give you a bad reference. I left after 4 weeks and nothing happened to me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

BILL1961:

Captain_Amateur:

BILL1961:

Captain_Amateur:

I’ll keep you in mind if I get my foot in the door somewhere! :smiley: :wink:

Good luck with your applications too.