Adr traning

MOSSSIDEDEEP:
I just completed my ADR yesterday, all done online for exams. Apparently I’ve to wait until Tuesday before I will know if I’ve passed.

Hi MOSSSIDEDEEP,

Normally, once the last person has finished the last exam (for that course number) the results are instantly available, but they will normally only come through to the main computer in the provider’s office.

It’s not normal to have to wait for your results as you have described, but it might be explained by:

1.) The SQA system in Glasgow went down
2.) The internet (or a computer) might have suffered an interruption locally
3.) The relevant person at the training provider might not be available

Either way up, what’s done is done. :smiley:

MOSSSIDEDEEP:
Found the course very intensive being a new comes. Trainer was good but I found the SQA training booklet was all over the place and did not follow the PowerPoint. This made it more difficult imo.

The training booklet you used doesn’t actually come from SQA, but is from whoever wrote the rest of the course materials as part of the course ‘package’ (PowerPoint slideshow, tutor notes, handouts and student notes) they submit to SQA for approval.

There are a number of approved courses available ‘off the shelf’ to providers, which saves them having to write their own at the time they’re seeking approval as a new provider. However, providers are at liberty to write their own course and submit it for approval if they wish. Some of those make their course available for sale ‘off the shelf.’

I’ve taught ADR for providers who have written their own, as well as others who use an ‘off the shelf’ course, but in 15yrs of doing this, I’ve yet to come across a course booklet that follows the slideshow.

I hope you passed everything you entered for!! :smiley: