Roadworks speed limit

Couldn’t agree more with Peter Smythe above.

Nothing will change until either we get more unmarked police who start issuing Dangerous Driving summons’ for tailgating, or as i suspect will be the next thing, that the active cruise system is modified to apply without cruise control being activated, and the vehicle will actively brake and force these chumps to give a suitable following distance.
They’ll all be crying in their soup but as with all these mods only have themselves to blame.

By the way for what its worth, unless its quiet early morning when 50 can be maintained constantly, i go through the road works at around 45/46 mph in the inside lane or less if someone in front in my lorry (seldom use the motorway in my car and have no wish to be a victim of billy big lorry either :unamused: ), the reason being i do not wish to get involved with the trucker heroes who are so pushed that they are willing to risk everything, mainly the lives of the poor sods in smaller vehicles in front, for the sake of two bloody minutes…if they learned to bloody drive some of them could make that 2 mins up by not taking 14 shunts to park at the next delivery point.

One other point, why do professional drivers (well many of them think they are) think that car drivers, the majority of whom are not vocational drivers, should be as experienced and road savvy :bulb: as someone who’s driving full time, you have to let their lack of rushing about like their arse is on fire wash over you.
You wouldn’t expect to be as good as the car driver in question at their full time job, that too would be unreasonable.

There is a responsibility in being a lorry driver, part of that is acting like a professional, and not just taking a pride in your work but when it goes wrong the old bill will have expected professional driving from someone in a lorry :bulb:
The population is growing and will continue to do so, remember folks you voted for it, and traffic volumes will increase massively as one might expect as a result, so it might be good for your sanity (and possibly keep you out of jail) to sit back and have a rethink about what you’re (we’re) doing and just don’t be in such a bloody headlong rush all the time.