HIAB Training North East

Hello folks

I’m looking to do my HIAB, today I’ve rang round lots of training providers and I’ve only found 1 that does the HIAB (tyne and wear HGV) and that’s a in house certificate, my agency has told me that it has to be RTTIB? Anyone know of anywhere in the North East or slightly further North Yorkshire/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ belt Scotland that offers this certificate?, also been informed that you can’t use this towards your DCPC anymore Is that correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there’s a company somewhere around Easington. I think theirs is the CSCS version.

Used them for renewal when I was at Nixon Hire.

Do you have the use of a hiab?

Google search for ‘John Stoddard’. Think he does it too

TSI in Easington only do it if you have your own motor, I don’t have any access to a HIAB, spoke to Tockworth Training, there course is £574 for2 days then I would need Accommodation and travelling so about £700 me thinks all in, I’m looking further afield to see if I can get it cheaper with my accommodation and travelling

You got a job lined up for it?

Just asking, as I used to have mine but it’s now expired…

Didn’t see the point in renewing it, unless (near enough) all you want to do is builders merchants on crap pay - probably through an agency* too…

*Been there done that before my ticket expired… :imp:

Contact RTITB for a list of their training providers https://www.rtitb.co.uk/course-locator.
Check with the agency that an ALLMI certificate isn’t suitable, it is by far the most widely recognised HIAB training (especially in the building trade)

Spoke to the agency he said do RTTIB, asked if they would consider NPORS or ALLMI, he says hasn’t heard of them, he says when company’s ask for HAIB driver he just sends 1, he says the companies never ask what qualifications/HIAB certificate the drivers have

Big burner:
Contact RTITB for a list of their training providers https://www.rtitb.co.uk/course-locator.
Check with the agency that an ALLMI certificate isn’t suitable, it is by far the most widely recognised HIAB training (especially in the building trade)

I’ve already contacted them, thanks, I was directed to CTC in Glasgow and a company in Romford Essex

Just looked at the RTITB website, put in my email again and it’s giving me different providers in my area, although the first provider, is where I’m doing my DCPC and they don’t do the HIAB anymore, I’ve contacted the rest on the list to see if I can get it down to a manageable amount, thanks again

blueiain1967:

Big burner:

I’ve already contacted them, thanks, I was directed to CTC in Glasgow and a company in Romford Essex

GTG have a place in Edinburgh as well, as far as i know. Still a bit up the road though

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s a hike, but my Mam lives in Livingston so I could start at hers

Goldfinger:
You got a job lined up for it?

Just asking, as I used to have mine but it’s now expired…

Didn’t see the point in renewing it, unless (near enough) all you want to do is builders merchants on crap pay - probably through an agency* too…

*Been there done that before my ticket expired… :imp:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Don’t believe an agency telling you they are desperate for HIAB drivers, as you’ll probably end up punching them in the face! :imp:
Either because the work doesn’t materialise, or the rate/earning potential will make you wonder why you bothered… :unamused:

I believe him, only that I’ve known him for 20 years and every time I’ve worked for him he’s given me full time work, I worked for him non stop between Fergusons in Sunderland on the Nissan contract and at Fowler Welch

He’s recently returned to the North East recruitment scene from working in Manchester for the last 8 years, I’m only after 2 days per week, I’m currently doing my DCPC with Tynside Training services, he phoned me today and asked if I want 2 weeks work from tomorrow with a local company, if anyone with a class 2 in Newcastle looking send me a message and i will give you his number

blueiain1967:
I believe him, only that I’ve known him for 20 years and every time I’ve worked for him he’s given me full time work, I worked for him non stop between Fergusons in Sunderland on the Nissan contract and at Fowler Welch.

That’s cool then! :sunglasses:

Having got one and in my humble opinion, ALLMI is def the one to go for! Most widely recognised and asked for.

blueiain1967:
Hello folks

I’m looking to do my HIAB, today I’ve rang round lots of training providers and I’ve only found 1 that does the HIAB (tyne and wear HGV) and that’s a in house certificate, my agency has told me that it has to be RTTIB? Anyone know of anywhere in the North East or slightly further North Yorkshire/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ belt Scotland that offers this certificate?, also been informed that you can’t use this towards your DCPC anymore Is that correct

I did mine through ALLMI yesterday and when I asked the instructor if it can count towards your DCPC he said yes but you have to inform them beforehand and the course is more expensive and longer

blueiain1967:
He’s recently returned to the North East recruitment scene from working in Manchester for the last 8 years, I’m only after 2 days per week, I’m currently doing my DCPC with Tynside Training services, he phoned me today and asked if I want 2 weeks work from tomorrow with a local company, if anyone with a class 2 in Newcastle looking send me a message and i will give you his number

2 weeks work?

I’d want F/T, not just 2 weeks if I was going to quit this F/T job that I’m in now…

It was meant for the many class 2 agency drivers up here in the North East

Hi BlueIain1967, give me a call and i’ll do you a deal, you will have to be flexible on dates. you can have either RTITB or ALLMI but everyone goes ALLMI as its CSCS and BuildUK recognised.

Tockwith Training:
Hi BlueIain1967, give me a call and i’ll do you a deal, you will have to be flexible on dates. you can have either RTITB or ALLMI but everyone goes ALLMI as its CSCS and BuildUK recognised.

I ‘had’ my CSCS card for hiab, but it expired in August 2016. Would I just need a refresher, or the whole shebang again…

Rough cost too if possible…?