Which Sat Nav to buy

daftvader:

spacemanZ10:

Nerodio:
I went with the TomTom trucker 6000. its pretty decent. has pretty good features like traffic and diversion. you can enter your vehicle width, height and weight and it should take you down roads that are suitable, although sometimes it tends to want me to go down narrow country roads sometimes. That one cost me about £280, but figured I’d rather go with a more expensive one & relible one then a cheaper one that prehaps wouldn’t be as good :slight_smile:

As I’m only doing casual cover and some weekends, I wasn’t ready yet to spend 280, thinking of either the trucknav one 72 ish or one of the ebay specials at 40 bu they seem very vague on if they actually do truck dimensions. Might go secondhand?

I’ve had the £40 ebay special…And to be honest it was ok…Downside was its a pain to update the maps.Unless you know what your doing.Wich getting on a bit.I dont…Anyway i bought the £72 one of chris…Who is trucktables i think.On ebay…Had it about 2yrs now.And its a good cheap satnav.And yes it has all the dimensions in it that you can set up…So i would reccomend it…Remember to use your eyeballs 1st and foremost though.Satnavs are only an aid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agree with th eyeballs bit! I’ve relied on the ‘old school’ way so far of applemaps and keeping my eye on height and weight signs.
Might invest in a truckers road atlas also as a back up?