What would you do?

Evil8Beezle:

billythewhizz:
So I rang D.V.S.A to see if I could clear up this “grey area” of a situation.

I got through to Technical and told them what should be the correct process.

After doing the check and noticing the defect I should have made a note in the defect book/sheet and then shown in to the Transport Manager to get it signed. I could then take the truck out and arrangements made to repair the defect.

I also asked what would happen if this what not repaired the same day and ended up having the same truck the next day. I was told that I could repeat the process with the defect book and keep doing so until defect was repaired.

However if I was stopped then it obviously does not look good for the company that such a simple fix and would likely get a caution.

I am happier now I understand the situation a bit more and am glad I stood up for myself and didnt just go along with what was being said to me.

So if in doubt about a defect - get it written down in the book and get it signed off.

So pass the crap back up the chain, as it’s then the TM’s balls on the line! :grimacing:
I told you that at the start! :laughing:

So has the marker light been fixed yet mate?

I knew you were right, lol. Just wanted to have confirmation. Always look out for your comments as you seem to know about most things and you explain things much better than what I could ever write.

Not seen the truck about to be honest so not sure but doubt it.