Renualt T range loosing fuel pressure

Any one had this and found the cause of it ?.

Truck will be starting on the key and running fine one day and you come back to it the next morning it will fire up run for about 10/20 seconds then cut out. You try turn it back on and it will just crank forever with no luck. However we have figured that if you pump the manual primer it will fire straight back into life and not have the problem again for a few days…

No set pattern that we can see yet it just seems to be random and no fault codes shown either. Once we have primed and started again it won’t be an issue for a day or two…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the same but hapened only once. No explanation by the dealer, no clue

halfers:

Truck will be starting on the key and running fine one day and you come back to it the next morning it will fire up run for about 10/20 seconds then cut out. You try turn it back on and it will just crank forever with no luck. However we have figured that if you pump the manual primer it will fire straight back into life and not have the problem again for a few days…

No set pattern that we can see yet it just seems to be random and no fault codes shown either. Once we have primed and started again it won’t be an issue for a day or two…

I am not a Renualt tech ,but DAF If you can get it to prime with the hand primer ,it may be your low pressure pump may be at fault and can not supply the pressure required …Make sure there isn’t a blockage in the system ie filter on the pick up pipe in the tank …But if anything like a DAF low pressure pump sounds faulty

An update on this as it’s still not solved, we believe it is just loosing pressure but can’t find that point, as if you keep it cranking it will then fire into life and hold the revs raised a little and it won’t cut back out again. We have pressurised the system from tank to just before the block and have found nothing there.

Now the next step is getting the rocker cover off and going in deeper but before I go throwing money at this with no end in sight has anyone come accross this before ■■.

It only ever happens when it has been sat for a while. Like 12+ hours. Once it’s running first thing in the morning it’s good for the day, it also doesn’t happen every time just once or twice a week it’s very strange.

Had something similar to this today, lorry coming up the motorway and getting less revs and going slower and slower, all the bells and whistles on the dashboard going off and said it was low fuel pressure. Turned out there is a filter on the end of the stand pipe in the fuel tank and it was absolutely full of crap and the fuel couldn’t get through, might be worth a look just to make sure.

norb:

halfers:

I am not a Renualt tech ,but DAF If you can get it to prime with the hand primer ,it may be your low pressure pump may be at fault and can not supply the pressure required …Make sure there isn’t a blockage in the system ie filter on the pick up pipe in the tank …But if anything like a DAF low pressure pump sounds faulty

If it was low pressure pump would it not do it all the time rather than sporadically ?.

I changed two common rail sensors and it seemed to cure it

Priest:
I changed two common rail sensors and it seemed to cure it

That’s when it starts getting expensive replacing parts for no real reason in the hope it will solve the problem. But I guess if we get no where then that’s what’s next.