Driver demanding nights out every night

Something obviously needs explaining to me. :unamused: When you say you are only going to employ day drivers in future, not trampers, what does that mean? Has your business changed drastically, in which case surely you will lose him anyway? I somehow doubt it if you are shifting containers, but then I never was with a container only firm, did 'em sometimes, others not.

When I was a driver on general haulage, we weren’t classed as trampers or roamers, we just were, and if we got back home, so much the better but no NO money.

In fact I go back to the days when we hitched hiked home just to be in our own beds, but that was before sleeper cabs. :laughing:

On the other hand I had one driver who went one better than that. Supposed to NO at Leicester for a load first thing in the morning, he came home on a dodgy, and brought the wagon with him. :open_mouth: Sad thing for him was I was driving in the opposite direction that evening, and gave him a wave when I saw my name approaching. The expression on his face was priceless. As was the one when he got his cards at the weekend. :frowning: