Volvo FL12 gear shift bleeding problems

Reposted request;

Volvo FL12 hydraulic gear shift bleeding

Can somebody please help! I am an expat in Mozambique and have imported 3 Volvo FL 12 from the UK. All of them have now developed gear selection problems. Any advise on bleeding method?.. bearing in mind l have no special tools here.
Thanks
Rod
Rodmoz

Rod
Google Volvo gearbox problems and you should find the answer your looking for on there.Good Luck hope you sort it.

Is it a manual box? Do you have problems bleeding the hydraulics on the clutch?

Is this immediately after tilting the cab? ISTR (now best part of 20 years ago) that there was a knob alongside the gearlever which had to be rotated and the lever worked back and forth several times in order to re-engage the gear lever after lowering the cab.

cav551:
Is this immediately after tilting the cab? ISTR (now best part of 20 years ago) that there was a knob alongside the gearlever which had to be rotated and the lever worked back and forth several times in order to re-engage the gear lever after lowering the cab.

You’re right, after dropping the cab give the gear-lever a good shove forward (or towards first gear) and it will centralise. Other than that the only other problems I’ve had is with worn linkages and the springs on the linkage wearing through.

Could do with some more info on this one

Going back to the days when FIAT were changing over to becoming IVECO, the 190.30 tractor units and the 170.26 units had a similar idea, I can definitely recall the knob on the floor next to the gear lever in them which operated the hydraulic valve.