Looking for yard

Hi all

Looking for a yard near Milton Keynes or Northampton to park a lorry. For the moment will only be a tractor unit.

And, anybody has any idea how muck, roughly, will they charge?

Nobody?

C’mon “TruckNetUK”, put your back into it. Someone has to know something in here. :confused:

OK. Milton Keynes, Northampton, Leighton Buzzard all within 10 miles radius.

How’s that then? Anyone? :smiley:

You could try Glen Transport in Leighton Buzzard, think he charges around £100 a week

Sorry , it’s too far from your needs but there is a secure yard space available at a transport yard next to a feed mill and farm supply yard off the A 303 at Micheldelver between Stonehenge and Andover, but closer to Andover by the airfield with the puddle jumper planes .
I saw the sign, let me know further information if you need it or want to set up further South or not ?

There you go. I knew you fellow truckers can do it. :smiley:

Thanks for replies

toby1234abc:
Sorry , it’s too far from your needs but there is a secure yard space available at a transport yard next to a feed mill and farm supply yard off the A 303 at Micheldelver between Stonehenge and Andover, but closer to Andover by the airfield with the puddle jumper planes .
I saw the sign, let me know further information if you need it or want to set up further South or not ?

That sound good Toby. But like you said is a bit too far from me. Atm I need to stay parked up for a while. I just bought the truck and I need to take it off the supplier premises.

I’ll keep it in mind. If I need it in the future I’ll give you a shout.

Thanks Toby

deanno:
You could try Glen Transport in Leighton Buzzard, think he charges around £100 a week

This is closer. Sounds good. I’ll go there and to have a chat with them.

Do you have any names that I need to ask about?

thanks Deanno

Try Intercounty Merc at Toddington. They may offer some O-Center parking but if not, one of the businesses on their site recently moved elsewhere so they could put you in touch with the landlord about renting 55 foot of space round the corner or whatever.

They are just of J12, just before the roundabout after Poplars.

You could try Caswell Roberts at the Collec Depot, off Billington Road-

Address:
1 Collec Depot
Leighton Buzzard
LU7 9HH
Bedfordshire

Phone: 01525-373428

I know they used to offer parking, years ago, might be a bit cheaper than Glens yard.

Or there used to be a small yard in Hollingdon, just outside Soulbury, bit of a Git to get to, but as it’s only the Tractor, it might be worth a try.
Sorry, got no details, but it might be helpful.

Thank you all :smiley:

Very helpful.

I’ll try all options.

Cheers gents

martinviking:

Address:
1 Collec Depot
Leighton Buzzard
LU7 9HH
Bedfordshire

I know they used to offer parking, years ago, might be a bit cheaper than Glens yard.

Is this the left turn after Shell garage, just before the traffic lights, as you going towards LB? Where DND is?

himenator:

martinviking:

Address:
1 Collec Depot
Leighton Buzzard
LU7 9HH
Bedfordshire

Is this the left turn after Shell garage, just before the traffic lights, as you going towards LB? Where DND is?

I believe your right on this. For Glen Transport, you need to talk to either Glen himself or his son Wayne. They are based in the old P&O yard just up the road from the HGV testing station. Just thinking if you have no joy with these, there are some places you could try on Stanbridge Road, opposite Mead Open Farm. google.co.uk/maps/@51.89434 … 1478,15.5z

himenator:

martinviking:

Address:
1 Collec Depot
Leighton Buzzard
LU7 9HH
Bedfordshire

Yep, it’s all changed over the last 20 odd years, but Roberts Yard is still there I believe.
As Deano says, there’s the units opposite Mead Farm as well, where Comercial Transport Training are/were based.
Not sure if Hawkins-Eaton Bray offer parking or James Heaps-Stanbridge (just down from the Rugby Club) if they’re still going, might have some room.

How about the Red Lion truckstop at Northampton, on a long term parking price agreement, and not on a daily charge, if the unit is tucked away , i can not see that being a problem, the slip road off the dual road is free, but not secure for diesel theft or the cab being broken in to .

Hi guys.

Thanks a lot for all the info. I will go and get in touch with all of them.

I’ll post in here the outcome.

Really appreciated

We recently moved operating centres and the TC now demand a parking space, not only for the trailers but a separate space for the units too. More ■■■■■■■■ to dance around.

Goaty:
We recently moved operating centres and the TC now demand a parking space, not only for the trailers but a separate space for the units too. More ■■■■■■■■ to dance around.

Really■■? :unamused:

I remember years ago when Stobarts moved to Corby Chilled (ex. Innovate, I think) didn’t use a separate parking space for units. The units were hooked up all the time. Start your shift and finish without coupling or uncoupling. This is different for each business. Imho hey shouldn’t ask for that.

himenator:

Goaty:

Really■■? :unamused:

I remember years ago when Stobarts moved to Corby Chilled (ex. Innovate, I think) didn’t use a separate parking space for units. The units were hooked up all the time. Start your shift and finish without coupling or uncoupling. This is different for each business. Imho hey shouldn’t ask for that.

“The ability to park them separately”.
I thought they were winging me up. No. The TC does not do comedy.

Yeah we also had this as well before they didn’t care but now they want you to have enough parking spaces for tractor units and separate for trailers! It’s annoying because no small operator parks trucks up separately to trailers

himenator:
Hi all

Looking for a yard near Milton Keynes or Northampton to park a lorry. For the moment will only be a tractor unit.

And, anybody has any idea how muck, roughly, will they charge?

Any luck finding somewhere