Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

A few photos I took at Wincanton depot at Maltby in 1995 when they had the Malton Bacon contract. Wincanton bought Glass Glover out in early 90s and the Littlewoods contract finished in 1994.I was made redundant and went back on tankers for two months,then back to Maltby as a full time shunter.Most of the fleet was ERF for a start but a few Hitler’s revenges and DAF 95s were present,plus an FL10 which was always popular,some drivers not liking to double-declutch - (or not knowing how to) :grimacing: ,all cast-offs from Milton Keynes,Chippenham and Trafford Park. :smiley: The FH Volvos were from Dawson rentals and it used to make me smile when the rookie TSMs upstairs allocated one to an agency lad and an ERF E10 or Merc to a full timer.Eventually we ended up with all 3 axled units and tri-axle trailers as we also did hanging carcasses and intersite work with semi processed meat in dolavs between Malton,Ossett,Ashton u Lyne,Whitchurch and Winsford as well as Ipswich and Elmswell Suffolk,although a lot was subbed out to local Malton hauliers.We also used subs for RDC work to Scotland and the South East,including Manton Transport,Mackays Kinross,Maclaughlan Perth,Mathers Aberdeen,Ashfield Transport Luton (what an immaculate fleet) and a host of others.
The contract finished in 2005 and I was again made redundant,I’d been at Maltby for 27 years…

winc12.jpg

winc11.jpg

winc10.jpg

winc8.jpg

winc6.jpg

winc5.jpg

winc4.jpg

winc2.jpg

winc1.jpg