daf 3300

mushroomman:
Thanks Keith, I seem to remember that E.M.C. had similar colours to Eric Hunwick who I think were from the Trafford Park area. :slight_smile:

Eric Hunwick Transport started off in an old hangar at the back of Manchester Airport, then moved to Gorton Rd Reddish. Here’s a pic for comparison of livery:

Having a rest from doing the beef job to Turkey mid 80’s

This was my truck according to Harrris (DAF) trucks it was the first 3300 Twin steer In the Uk

JOHNXL70:

Hi John! Nice unit there :smiley: got Amy more pics of it?

Danne

Dirty Dan:

JOHNXL70:

Hi John! Nice unit there :smiley: got Amy more pics of it?

Danne

Cheers Danne ,we had another B reg and a D reg doing the same job. One used to load and shipout every Tuesday, 3 drops Izmir, Ankara and Incerlik ( Adana ) with hanging beef for the NATO bases in Turkey.
Here she is again in Spain after the beef job had finished.
The D reg we had in the background and a 2800 that used to do a Stuttgart round trip.

Racking my brains here! Can anyone remember what year the 3300 Space Cab version came out?

:unamused:

ERF-NGC-European:
Racking my brains here! Can anyone remember what year the 3300 Space Cab version came out?

I’m sure it was at the 1985 motor show at the NEC

ERF-NGC-European:

There is a mention of it in the CM report on the 1984 Show:
archive.commercialmotor.com/page … r-1984/144

Here it is, being advertised a few weeks after the show:

Excellent! ^^^^^Thank you Anorak and thank you Andrew S. :sunglasses:

Ten points for Gryfendor! :laughing:

3300 came out in 1982 ! :wink:

DEANB:

:laughing: :laughing: Daft bugger!

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

:laughing: :laughing: Daft bugger!

Yeah i missed the “Space cab” bit ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

But the 3300 did come out in 82. :wink:

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … erdam-show

Definitely 1982 when the 3300 was introduced.I bought one.On the road May 1st and my dad died April 28th.

DAF2500 - (G837VHK) - John Fishwick & Sons:

TROOPER2:
DAF2500 - (G837VHK) - John Fishwick & Sons:

I used to drive a K reg 1900 exactly like that-lovely lorry-12 speed splitter,and an eminox exhaust.
First proper motor I had,I loved it.

DAF 2800 - (D522NND) - TDG Williams Distribution:

Here’s a question for those who remember driving or operating the DAF 2800/3300 ATIs. The previous DKS version had the 13-sp Fuller in as standard. I remember driving one. Then with ATI version with the DTSE engine, DAF standardised on the 16s-sp ZF Ecosplit (slap-across) on the Continent but standardised on the 9-sp Fuller for British RHD 2800s (apparently to suit our higher 60mph limit at the time). I drove one of those too and I’m sure that had a slap-across 4+4 (rather than 4-over4 too).

Now back to the 3300, which is the subject of this thread. We know that Turk-spec 3300s retained the 13-speed Fuller as the standard 'box. George Bennett accompanied a convoy of DAF demonstrators through Turkey for Truck & Driver magazine and noted that the 3300 FTT heavy duty model had a Fuller 13-sp ‘slap-across’ 'box. There are other examples of optional 13-sp Fullers being fitted to 3300s which I’ll post below.

My question is: does anyone know of any examples of a 3300 DAF SPACE CAB unit fitted with a Fuller 'box?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch! Here are a few examples of DAF 3300s with Fuller 13-sp Road-ranger 'boxes in them.

Another  LHD F13 3300 cancelled Turk order Wares.jpg

Jwqheadlightcoverdetail.jpg