Chris Hudson & Ferryline

It was great reading about how Harvey Shaw came about, I had always wondered who he was so to speak,I typed in Harvey Shaw on Google & it bought me to this link on TruckNet so thought I best add to the chat.
As a kid I always spent any spare time or school holiday in the passenger seat of any truck my dad was driving at the time,mainly local stuff with the odd day out to further afield now & again,so imagine my delight when a guy who lived down the road from us parked his 2800 Daf hitched up to a brand new Harvey Shaw trailer oitside his house one day, I knew all the family & usd to knock about with his kids, so that weekend I popped round to see him to see if there was any chance I could go out with him one day in his truck, so began a regular journey for me that night when i accompanied him to Folkestone to do a trailer swap, he was working for Brian Baldry out of Bletchley MK who had 3x 2800’s on traction work for Harvey Shaw & I got to know all the drivers & many subbies who we often used to meet up with our journeys, remember the drivers who were on for Peter Roff when he had the two 141’s doing traction as well as another Scania for Robinson’s of Stewkley, many a happy memory running down to the port whenever I was able to, when Baldry went bust my mate went to work for a guy out of Tamworth still doing the same work who had a F10/12? White with a brown angled stripe on the door, I used to have load a of pics of these trucks but sadly gave them all away many moons ago so it’s great to see some of the pics on here, really great memories