Bob Garnett.

Just found this thread.

Bob is still alive and kicking. He is into Hot Air Balloons. I will try to get his email address and get him to get on this thread.

Balloonie

balloonie:
Just found this thread.

Bob is still alive and kicking. He is into Hot Air Balloons. I will try to get his email address and get him to get on this thread.

Balloonie

Just to add that I mailed him today and asked him to get on this site.

Balloonie.

balloonie:

balloonie:
Just found this thread.

Balloonie

Balloonie.

Hot Air balloons ?
We can give all the lift he needs!
(Myself as much as any)

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

balloonie:

balloonie:
Just found this thread.

Balloonie

Balloonie.

Hot Air balloons ?
We can give all the lift he needs!
(Myself as much as any)

That is why my team are called “the Load of hot air balloon team”.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Is he still around and working in haulage.Was a fair and honest bloke.Worked with him with euro psl and on his own with Garnett eurotrans.Heard was ill a few years ago,heart trouble or something.Dont get many like him nowadays,stuck to his word and never failed with late payments or anything else.

Yep, Ill second that Toby. Worked with him on Armstrongs when he was the Traffic manager.

Good bloke, very fair, and a good sense of humer. Hope he’s still going strong.
If anyone knows him, get him on this site, he’ll have a few tales to tell !!!

Bob got me a long rest period in Lisboa,as they only load exports in the North in Oporto,on Friday nights.Was in Lisbon for two weeks as missed the friday loading,used the showers and facilties at a campsite near Praia de Guincho,which is on the coast road from Cascais.Rung Bob,to say,have you forgoten about me,he said i thought you needed a holiday.Wasnt a big deal,as you could park a truck and trailer behind Cascais shopping mall,and watch the latest films in English with Portuguese subtitles.Saw about 3 films in one day.This was the days without text on mobile phones,and we had to ring in for reloads using old fashioned coin phone boxes.Bob would dictate the addresses,which lead to confusion and arriving at the wrong factory,or a place with the similar name or town/village.Especilaly in the Guimaraes/Braga/Braganza area to load shoes/garments/marble etc.Those places were still living in the 50`s.The shipping agents would promise the loading would take 2 to 3 hours,12 hours later pull out to complete groupage with Lassens in Maia.Learnt fast to go with the flow,and never believe the lies the Portuguese told us all.At the warehouses in Porto,the local drivers were allowed to go home,it was only the foreign drivers that had to sit with the trailer all night,moving from bays and ramps to put odd shaped consignments on,the cab was rocking all night,no sleep,and was hard to get a meal,as they needed to move the trucks all night,leaving us all knackered to get to Vitoria for the first night rest period.The BP before the Spanish border at Villa Formoso,the local women would cook at home the meals for the restaurant,would see cauldrons of kid stews and veal brought by car.Was tired to drive that IP5,not a good idea.