roping and sheeting

Retired Old ■■■■:
You’re a wee bit behind the times, young Dan (well, you would be, driving a Foden!). The French onion cart has gone to pastures new. I’m now swanning around in a “pretend” Jaguar: It’s badged as an X-type but it’s really a diesel Mondeo with a Jag body! And it will certainly make the trip to Kendal, as will the Lexus of one of our other members. We may be poor, due to SOME former customers not paying bills and SOME club members not stumping up their turn but we do make sure that we can drive decent machinery in our retirement.

Mmm, somethings in that paragraph dont really compute Dan? :confused: The word POOR, then a Cheshire address and driving a Mondeo ex taxi with a posh badge don’t really go together in my humble opinion? At least Dan and myself, living in the downmarket Derbyshire Dales (the poor relations to dwellers in the Cheshire and the High Peak areas) haven’t much brass but don’t have the begging bowl out like certain members on here! :unamused: :laughing: Still when you finally arrive in Kendal (Dan can always give you a piggyback with the Foden if the Jagdeo expires on the M6 as he has a crane) then Dennis will treat you in the manner he treated his drivers, he might even pay travelling expenses for your journey?

Pete.