South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

gah1950:

pete 359:

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all
A classic WYNNS shot here…

Morning Andrew,
How would that trailer get round tight corners, seems a bit early to have a lot of steering axles?
Hats off to those Heavy Haulage lads,a work of art how they got through town centre’s before they were by-passed? Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete,
Tbh I wondered about that.Amazing really to see how heavy haulage has evolved,some of the latest trailers are astonishing.
Regards Andrew.

Evening Andrew,
In essence those types of trailers didn,t like corners and it was mostly down to a drivers skill and knowledge of little tricks to get in and out of tight places, Surprisingly the bigger trailers such as girder frames were more agile in the tighter places than conventional trailers. Forced steering is a must in my opinion as i done the job with dinasour tackle as well as modern tackle. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi Graham. Nice to see your post, great photos as always here. Hope you are keeping busy, its silly season here at the U.S. Postal Service.
Christmas comes every year, and these guys are never prepared. These clowns couldn’t organize a ■■■■ up in a brewery, probably have a better chance of Santa delivering presents himself.
Take care,
Paul