Old Hull Haulage companys

Spud1960:
Edwards was originally started in 1946 by Geoff Edwards who sold out to Ideal Standard and was run under the name of Edwards of Hull until about 1998 when they changed the name to Edwards Logistics.

I started with Edwards Logistics in 1993 at the Genk,Belgium depot,they were already called Edwards Logistics then.
They were bought by American Standard,and became the in-house logistics provider of Ideal Standard etc.
They had been transporting American Standard products for many years before the buy out.

I hear now that the bathroom division (Ideal Standard) which was owned by American Standard was sold some years ago,along with Wabco vehicle systems.

KW:

Spud1960:
Edwards was originally started in 1946 by Geoff Edwards who sold out to Ideal Standard and was run under the name of Edwards of Hull until about 1998 when they changed the name to Edwards Logistics.

I started with Edwards Logistics in 1993 at the Genk,Belgium depot,they were already called Edwards Logistics then.
They were bought by American Standard,and became the in-house logistics provider of Ideal Standard etc.
They had been transporting American Standard products for many years before the buy out.

I hear now that the bathroom division (Ideal Standard) which was owned by American Standard was sold some years ago,along with Wabco vehicle systems.

Hi KW I think you have your dates wrong as I started with Edwards Logistics in Hull in 1999 and at that time we did n’t have the Genk Site,

Regards

Spud1960:

KW:

Spud1960:

Hi KW I think you have your dates wrong as I started with Edwards Logistics in Hull in 1999 and at that time we did n’t have the Genk Site,

Regards

You are absolutely right,I was ten years out :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: I started in 2003.
I hear a rumour that Edwards are starting up again in Belgium,have you heard anything?

This is one of Malcolmsons who can come into this thread too as they had an office on King George Dock and ran a Seawheel contract from the yard. It was my first foray into lorrying and learning the right way and wrong way :stuck_out_tongue:

The HCA stood for Humber Carting Agency

Alan and Vince were in the office. Vince went on to run Parkland International

brylboy:
Still trying Spud only other way isto go to orchard park and find him Cheers BRY

Happy trucking birthday Brian :stuck_out_tongue:

Close to Hull, used to spend a lot of time at the gliding club but never noticed these on the airfield

Sniffy:
Close to Hull, used to spend a lot of time at the gliding club but never noticed these on the airfield

i do remember Gulf oils in Hull, maybe the Pocklington one was merged with West ■■■■■■■■■■ Farmers who also do fuel deliveries

thanks Wheel nut i think that sould be REAL NUT for my b/day greetings 75 retired after nearly 50 years still suffering from clutch foot … i forget these newbies dont have one do they i could kick a foot ball 120 ft with my left foot but only 60 ft with my right think about it ■■

Pocklington ? I know this is off track at bit from Hull Hauliers, There was a cafe near there, would I be right in saying it was the Fourways ■■> I used to dine there sometimes in the 60/70s, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Pocklington ? I know this is off track at bit from Hull Hauliers, There was a cafe near there, would I be right in saying it was the Fourways ■■> I used to dine there sometimes in the 60/70s, Regards Larry.

Shiptonthorpe roundabout probably. Now a Little Chef and a BP Garage. If it was the one you were thinking of, it was a massive breakfast :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that one which is a L/C now, The Coast Ways. ? Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:
Is that one which is a L/C now, The Coast Ways. ? Regards Larry

Sorry, yes it was called Coastways, the other cafe I remember along the 1079 was at the side of Jimmy Johnsons used metal emporium

Further North than Coastways (which is where the little chef now stands) was Skyways which was a low single story RAF building on the side of the old airfield and last time I was that way was Bond Tyres

Regards

Spud 1960

Thats spot on The Skyways , it had a big rough lorry park as I recall, the grub was good, & some really tasty ladies behind the counter, Happy days Larry.

Skyways Cafe was owned and run by a lovely lady named Sally Who got the cafe off the ground and then bought a cafe in Brid Sky ways never did any good after she left I am pleased to have known her one terrific lady Must add i am not a Hull Driver but my hgv career srted in Hull 1961 and ended as a HUll driver2001 Ex Stan Jewitt A real boss one of the best

Canteen cowboy AKA the Grave digger 10 4

brylboy:
Re the Cafe on willy wright Remember it well

But hows about Woodside Still running strong.

Mayphil at b/ferry bridge noe defunct Owned by Large continental truck dealers

Swift Cafe Howden Long time gone

GYME CAFE long time gone .

Oh last but not least Wembly cafe at Newport

Any more Toms at Blyth Margarets at Blyth

Any body recall Jimmy Millar x Reader trans With the flying Leyland Comets

And for now who recalls Hewson Bros from Howden and their Hull shunter TAFF pennington Some charactor if you ever needed a trailor for a day or two See Taff grease his palm and you wer mobile not saying it was illegal but well lets face it Thats Truck driving :wink: :wink: :wink:

I can remeber Swifts, We got barred from there because the car prk was like a bomb site. I also remeber the Gyme cafe when it was a railway carrage.

Carlc You nearly gave you age away you must be an old bugger like me yes i know fall flat winfscreen and canvas wind screens fighting to fill yer boilers up on Standage bloody hell you must have one foot in the grave like me
i hope you have a good sense of humour like me if you have not well trucker there is no hope for you by the way i only lve a mile behind May phil cafe if you recall doris from the counter she was my neighbour Cheers an beers keep your elbowsin Jimmy miller is comming thro ps that should read canvas doors
keep smileing Bry :laughing:

brylboy:
Carlc You nearly gave you age away you must be an old bugger like me yes i know fall flat winfscreen and canvas wind screens fighting to fill yer boilers up on Standage bloody hell you must have one foot in the grave like me
i hope you have a good sense of humour like me if you have not well trucker there is no hope for you by the way i only lve a mile behind May phil cafe if you recall doris from the counter she was my neighbour Cheers an beers keep your elbowsin Jimmy miller is comming thro ps that should read canvas doors
keep smileing Bry :laughing:

Heyup Bry
I am knocking on a bit but the plus side is I can remember things that happened 40 years ago but half the bloody time I cant remember what I had for dinner. Still I have some good memories and for sure I would not like to be driving today. Keep on keeping on
Cliff

will catch you later Carl i can recall my service no fron 1954 but not my name … i will answer to hey you c u ltr pal

This has probably been mentioned and if so apologies…Anyone named SEG or LC&S transport? If I remember correctly, LC&S were based somewhere off Beverley Road, maybe Temple Street? They only had a couple of trucks perhaps a Marathon or a Crusader and a rigid of some sort?