Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Well after his first night in the constraints of the barn young " Toro " was the only one who never came out the barn for hard food next door, my mate went in to go round behind him and he tried to jump the wall so we walked away and after a while he did come out on his own perhaps in time he will calm down but he’s going out of here on a truck not to be grazed here again. While they are out the barn we litter up as its far safer than trying to do it with the steers present.
Tomorrow they will like it as we start them on the haylage as they have been on hay up to now, we got two bales out and took the plastic wrappers off and it does smell nice, sort of pickled so they will chomp into that for sure.
After that we did the steers in the marsh and they are looking good and what a day we had here today, the sun was hot for most of the day and you cant believe its three weeks in to October, brought the bowser up for probably its last fill this year as we plan to get these in next week and the ground is dry so should take the truck without getting stuck in, then all the stock will be inside for the Winter and roll on Spring, this will be good as the clocks go back next week and it will get dark early.
The Boss came with me to take the bowser back down and Woody the dog this afternoon, while I unhitched the bowser they went for a stroll and that dam dog decided to jump into a stagnant water hole with green sludge all over the top so he was walked home then we had to shampoo and wash him, smells lovely now, that’s it for today cheers Buzzer.