Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

wrighty wise choice of route from Taynuilt, aye yer maun keeps you busy, take it your after Swaley tups, I used to go Kirkby Stephens for mule gimmers for up this way (lothians) twenty odd year ago. Buzzer not high jacking your thread, but your not keeping up, spending to much time admiring your sausages me thinks. Andrew no been on for some time, then one photo awwww :unamused: . Bobs

Bobs your right old “snapper” definitely slacking in the posting of pictures of late methinks Wrighty is doing a better job at the moment on that front. Your right about Wrighty he does get around the country a fair bit from top to bottom but on that score he wont get bored, remember when in the early days mid 70’s I had a job running synthetic rubber out of ISR in Fawley refinery to Yatesbury near Calne, two loads up and a load of salt back. Two trucks on that job but we knew every bump in the road and it does get boring after a few months never the less the money was fair and you were home every night and diesel was 73p a gallon back then.
Going to try and get the three amigo’s up tomorrow and got six men geed up to assist so hoping for the right result but young Toro is real sharp so we will have to be sharper than him to get him.
Old Wrighty is always busy even when he is not driving he is at home on’t farm helping Alice out in all weathers to boot, glad you are a follower on here and feel free to post any time mate as the variety on here is what makes it so lets have a few shots of where you are at when you can, cheers Buzzer.

Hi all, Buzzer is that your youngest daughter your sat with. :smiley:

gerbil sb152:

Gerbil you just made some ones day for sure, JD

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:

Gerbil you just made some ones day for sure, JD

Kevin. You are one smooth dude! Now I know when I’m walking around Alton

I see a lot of nippers looking exactly like you. Any ideas or comments? Any info

will be treated with the utmost secrecy. Stay lucky mate. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

there must be something that attractive women like about lorry driver’s as I know a lot who are boxing way above their weight, myself included.

and you buzzer… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What a nice shot of grass cutting in 1910, hard work for the horses as the mower would have been land wheel driven so they had to keep going, Buzzer

Hey Buzzer your right plenty variety, in the early 70s recall getting home friday nights but by Sunday mornings you were ready to head south again, usually to one of the many bacon factorys in the Brom area, and in about April onto Devon for spring lambs from Hatherleigh, Holsworthy or Exeter, an area which i believe you know well ?, for abattoirs at Symington, Glasgow and Edinburgh, tuesday nights off to Kent with young sheep going for there hols to – err France, lucky things.
Wonder if wrighty has got his bargain, only a bargain if its a good yin and good at its task.
Take care in the morning with the three amigos, the sly one wouldn’t happen to be a black limousin would it, story to tell about them. take care with them, as I notice their not wee calves any more. You’ll have seen on the news that BSE has reared its ugly head again in the north, another excuse for them to shout about leaving brexit, if it ever happens. Bobs

sheepman:
Hey Buzzer your right plenty variety, in the early 70s recall getting home friday nights but by Sunday mornings you were ready to head south again, usually to one of the many bacon factorys in the Brom area, and in about April onto Devon for spring lambs from Hatherleigh, Holsworthy or Exeter, an area which i believe you know well ?, for abattoirs at Symington, Glasgow and Edinburgh, tuesday nights off to Kent with young sheep going for there hols to – err France, lucky things.
Wonder if wrighty has got his bargain, only a bargain if its a good yin and good at its task.
Take care in the morning with the three amigos, the sly one wouldn’t happen to be a black limousin would it, story to tell about them. take care with them, as I notice their not wee calves any more. You’ll have seen on the news that BSE has reared its ugly head again in the north, another excuse for them to shout about leaving brexit, if it ever happens. Bobs

No we did’nt get a bargain today we were last lossers at a tup that made £21,000, bought buy a syndicate of four so we were’nt going to outbid them. Going to be busy getting ours ready for Hawes sales on Wed/Thur, and a farm sale next door tomorrow so pretty busy…

Cheers Wrighty.

Bobs we never did much hanging meat time schedules always tight on that job, we do some boxed meat but most of our cargo is away from that sector. When I was starting out you are right it was really a seven day a week job start Sunday to Friday and Saturday you did maintenance to keep your truck going the next week, no new trucks back then usually a five year old one who someone else had the best out of.
Wrighty not lucky with the tup sales, cant believe the money some make lucky seller eh, you be careful at that Saturday sale next door, keep your hands in your pockets as usually those sales are renown for stuff making far more than its worth as locals get carried away. Good luck with your sales next week hope you do well, Buzzer.

44334723_2004513536305692_1147540902722404352_n.jpg

Andrew Morrison:
Hi everyone
A visit to one of my ex’s (been a few lol)
Rose between 2 thorns lol0

Good morning Andrew,
I remember when Adrian started ********* years ago in Reading, up by the old Jam factory, is he still in the seat ■■?
Harvey

Hi Harvey remember Adrian when he was on a trip courtesy of Volvo as was myself, plus another Gordon Luckett i think his name from Littlehampton way and we nicknamed him bread roll man as he could not eat a meal without several rolls to accompany his dinner. Adrian was a bit of a ladies man IIRC thought he was gods gift funny how the old grey cells tune in eh, i was offered a second trip to Sweden but declined when i found out Martin Offer was going, could not do a trip in his company.
Today was do or die to get Toro and his two mates up from the park, we had eight of us assembled at 10.30 put up all the blocking gates and away we went and i have to say it all went smoothly and the three amigo’s are now in the barn with the others so that is a great relief as it did cause me some angziety. Made tea for the gang after and chewed the fat as they all come from different backgrounds, we only had a couple of irate drivers who cant wait five minuets but they had to as we had the roads blocked, most i have to say are understanding its just the few who are not. It pees me off when people move to the country to live and have no idea of what goes on around them.
Just the 14 on the marsh to come in now then all are at home which will make looking after them alot easier and no worries about the weather, just a bit of end of season tidying to do now and put the machinery away for the year, then before we know it Christmas will be here which i hate, cheers Buzzer.

Yes that is Gerbil second from the right turned cowboy for the morning.

Toro, sounds about right for him.
Always one eh !! Two quad bikes and each rider with a lengh of blue water pipe works up here. like Billy Smarts Circus this time of year, I keep well out of the way.
Think I can understand the Martin Offer thing and yes Adrian was allways like that.
For some reason the Ragwort has not reared its ugley head much this year, what about down there ?
I enjoy your thread, cheers. Harvey

Well after his first night in the constraints of the barn young " Toro " was the only one who never came out the barn for hard food next door, my mate went in to go round behind him and he tried to jump the wall so we walked away and after a while he did come out on his own perhaps in time he will calm down but he’s going out of here on a truck not to be grazed here again. While they are out the barn we litter up as its far safer than trying to do it with the steers present.
Tomorrow they will like it as we start them on the haylage as they have been on hay up to now, we got two bales out and took the plastic wrappers off and it does smell nice, sort of pickled so they will chomp into that for sure.
After that we did the steers in the marsh and they are looking good and what a day we had here today, the sun was hot for most of the day and you cant believe its three weeks in to October, brought the bowser up for probably its last fill this year as we plan to get these in next week and the ground is dry so should take the truck without getting stuck in, then all the stock will be inside for the Winter and roll on Spring, this will be good as the clocks go back next week and it will get dark early.
The Boss came with me to take the bowser back down and Woody the dog this afternoon, while I unhitched the bowser they went for a stroll and that dam dog decided to jump into a stagnant water hole with green sludge all over the top so he was walked home then we had to shampoo and wash him, smells lovely now, that’s it for today cheers Buzzer.

Good evening today as the weather is holding I did a bit of topping in the park that old “Toro” was holding out in just to tidy up a few bramble bushes, then to put the topper into the barn for the winter out the weather but one of the snap connector oil pipes would not let go, in the end I had to improvise and undid the union on the pipe to come home with the tractor 1/2 a mile. Got to get a new coupler now but got that in hand now, cant stand faulty gear so needs to be fixed pronto.
Need to do some harrowing and rolling done before it gets too wet and then its all ok for the winter, got to get the last 14 steers in maybe Sunday weather permitting and then got to worm the lot so always summit to do, that’s it for now cheers Buzzer,

PS. Happy birthday Charlie One have a good day mate.

Photo0817.jpg

Buzzer, glad to hear you had a successful round-up, hope this weekend is the same. sorry dont do photos, no got the gear for it, like charlie hard up oap down on his luck. cheers Bobs

sheepman:
Buzzer, glad to hear you had a successful round-up, hope this weekend is the same. sorry dont do photos, no got the gear for it, like charlie hard up oap down on his luck. cheers Bobs

At last. Someone who understands my position. Many thanks Bobs.

Thanks very much Buzzer for your good wishes. I am looking forward to my family

coming round with cards and expensive gifts! However I’m not going to hold me breath.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Good morning John,
Would you by any chance know a stone mason who covers the Bursledon area.
For a few years now I have it in mind to clean up, or replace my folks head stone, by a few chats with my Sister in law who lives in Ringwood (she puts flowers on each year) it needs attention.
Cheers. Harvey

PS, I lost touch with all that over the 44 years.

Paul sent me this pic Buzzer of one of your DAF’s he took in 2007.

Thanks Dean & Paul for the picture of the DAF we had them when we had a temp glitch with Volvo and bought them to wake the sales staff at M.C Truck & Bus.
Harvey had a look on the local web and there is a company that do headstones and renovation/cleaning of existing stones you could try them as they are based only about a couple of miles away from Bursledon church there number is 07711 287371 having not used them myself I don’t know what service level they give but you can ring and ask first, Buzzer.