BEDFORD TM

Hi all just found a drivers handbook for the Detroit diesel Beford TM

[attachment=0]farsoe.jpg[/attachment
Foreign regd, TM wagon & drag.

farsoe.jpg

Very smart :smiley:

Barnfather ran some 2 stroke diesel tm s , on thorn heating contract , painted blue if i recall

mercman123:
Hi all just found a drivers handbook for the Detroit diesel Beford TM

Would that be “Carryfast” posing on the drawings? Looks like he’s having a struggle climbing into the cab !!

I don’t suppose anyone knows whether Bedford ever knocked out any LHD TMs with 14-litre ■■■■■■■ and 9-speed Fullers, do they? Robert :question:

Well Robert as it happens they built at least 1
By the way thank you for the welcome
TRUCK EURO TEST 1983 october issue

BEDFORD T.M. 4400
■■■■■■■ E290 278bhp to DIN70020
FULLER RT11609 gearbox
ROCKWELL U180 rear axle

This was an actual french operators vechicle, but the livery was blanked out as far as i can remember without reading the article again.

burkesimont:
Well Robert as it happens they built at least 1
By the way thank you for the welcome
TRUCK EURO TEST 1983 october issue

BEDFORD T.M. 4400
■■■■■■■ E290 278bhp to DIN70020
FULLER RT11609 gearbox
ROCKWELL U180 rear axle

This was an actual french operators vechicle, but the livery was blanked out as far as i can remember without reading the article again.

Thanks for that reply, but I think that was a 10-litre, not 14-litre wasn’t it? Robert

No 14 litre NTE
10 litre LT engine wasn,t introduced until spring ,84

burkesimont:
No 14 litre NTE
10 litre LT engine wasn,t introduced until spring ,84

Thanks mate, this is an excellent lead! Robert :smiley:

I’ve searched hi & lo on the internet but I can’t find any scans of pages from that '83 Euro Test. Never mind, one will crop up now I’m on the look-out. In the meantime, I found this rather good pic of what I think is a Norwegian TM. Robert

It could be the ■■■■’s memory playing silly bu**ers again, but I’m sure heavy hauliers Wynn’s had a TM which they sent to the Middle East with one of the family at the controls. Anyone help? And which engine did it have?

I remember seeing that, I’m going to assume it had the big V8 DD in it. The ■■■■■■■ engines came later in the day in the TM.

I know Heanor used a DD in their HHT special so they must’ve been acceptable for heavy haul.

Scrolling through my story of wynns heavy haulage book , the TM’had 8v-71 engines, bought for a job in sudan

At the very least…

robert1952:
I’ve searched hi & lo on the internet but I can’t find any scans of pages from that '83 Euro Test. Never mind, one will crop up now I’m on the look-out. In the meantime, I found this rather good pic of what I think is a Norwegian TM. Robert

Robert,
That’s a Danish one. Roland munch were bought out by DFDS. Think they were one their traction companies, Christ knows why they had a Bedford !!!

Thanks, newmercman & tony. Glad to hear I wasn’t dreaming!

tm ad.jpg
These had a few of them

Copied from another thread.

img008%20(9).jpg

Why was the TM never pushed/Sales as a 8-wheeler in the UK? Looks ■■■■ smart here :smiley: . Regards Chris