Mack trucks in the UK

Hello truckers and truckfans,
My name is Gerlof Buurman and I live in the Netherlands.
At the moment I’m doing research about the history of Mack trucks in Europe.
On this forum I already found some great information about Mack trucks that worked in the UK at various companies, but I’m still looking for some more specific information.

First of all I’m looking for information or old pictures of Mack AC models that went into civil use after World War 1.
Second I found that a company called G. Wiggins Ltd bought 18 Mack models EEU in 1939. I’m looking for information and pictures.
Then I’m looking for some pictures of Willment who had an EXBX model after the Second World war.
And of course all other information and pictures are very welcome.

Please send me a PM if you have some information or pictures.
Best regards, Gerlof

Als ik jou was zou ik ook op Facebook gaan kijken en proberen.Daar heeben ze ook wat sites van oud Engelse vrachtwagens,Daar zou beste wel zo genomed ‘‘exotic trucks’’ erbij zitten.

Gerlof:
Hello truckers and truckfans,
My name is Gerlof Buurman and I live in the Netherlands.
At the moment I’m doing research about the history of Mack trucks in Europe.
On this forum I already found some great information about Mack trucks that worked in the UK at various companies, but I’m still looking for some more specific information.

First of all I’m looking for information or old pictures of Mack AC models that went into civil use after World War 1.
Second I found that a company called G. Wiggins Ltd bought 18 Mack models EEU in 1939. I’m looking for information and pictures.
Then I’m looking for some pictures of Willment who had an EXBX model after the Second World war.
And of course all other information and pictures are very welcome.

Please send me a PM if you have some information or pictures.
Best regards, Gerlof

Mack’s Hauliers were established in Nov 1934 to take over the business of M & W Mack of Covent Garden who operated a fleet of 200 vehicles from depots in London,Manchester & Southampton They were general hauliers,but operated a number of road tankers & also tippers. They were nationalised in June 1950.
In the 40’s & 50’s an associate Company was Mack Trucks (Britain)Ltd Barking

img415.jpg

Hi Roolechat,
Thank you very much for your reply. Could you tell me a little more about Mack Hauliers? Were they Mack dealer or just a transportcompany? Did they run Mack trucks?
And do you have mor information of M&W Mack of Coventgarden?
Great picture of the Mack H9T/162. It seems to be based on a Mack model NR.
Best regards, Gerlof

Hi all,
On trucksplanet.com I found this information. Has anyone ever heard about this firm Markyates Granite, or that they had Mack trucks?
Gerlof

bb_bc_bf_bg_bj_bl_1.jpg