Cameron & Gibbon

Has anyone got any photos of Cameron & Gibbons motors ?

LB76:

Hi LB76, that’s a blast from the past, Cameron and Gibbon of Monymusk, I had a couple of buddies on the buses(Alexanders, Aberdeen Depot) who previously worked for them, this was in the 1950s. If I remember rightly the livery was maroon and cream, there are a couple of photos on flickr, I’ll write to the owner and see if I can “borrow” them.
Oily

oiltreader:

LB76:

Hi LB76, that’s a blast from the past, Cameron and Gibbon of Monymusk, I had a couple of buddies on the buses(Alexanders, Aberdeen Depot) who previously worked for them, this was in the 1950s. If I remember rightly the livery was maroon and cream, there are a couple of photos on flickr, I’ll write to the owner and see if I can “borrow” them.
Oily

Here you are lads,not my photo though.
AEC MK3 MM loaded with shot blast from Aberdeen apparently. Address on cab is Birmingham and it has a B’ham VP reg plate.
Ready for the off,rock on. :grimacing:

cameronandgibbon.jpg

Hi Chris, they did have a depot in Birmingham, also Glasgow.
Oily

Thanks Chris, it came up in a conversation about Baxters tinned soup and I could not remember the name of the haulier for the life of me !

not my photo

Are they still in business , or what happened them .

shugg:

They ceased trading a few years back sadley to say, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

shugg:

They ceased trading a few years back sadley to say, Regards Larry.

Well there’s a blast from the past! Husband and wife team, Mary Cameron and Jock Gibbon. What a hard working family with a farm as well. Sorry, no photos, just memories.