AF 57

AEC AF57

Welcome to T.Net Karl. A fantastic picture of a well known local lorry. The driver is too tall to be your dad ? or Percy Wakely , so who is it? Eric Crundwell perhaps. I’m sure you can come up with a few tales about Firmins in the late '60s and early '70s. It would be good to hear about how Eddie started off with Firmins. There is a little bit about Firmins in various posts on the old time section of this forum. I did have a message about 18 months ago to say Frank Sands is still alive.

cav551:
Welcome to T.Net Karl. A fantastic picture of a well known local lorry. The driver is too tall to be your dad ? or Percy Wakely , so who is it? Eric Crundwell perhaps. I’m sure you can come up with a few tales about Firmins in the late '60s and early '70s. It would be good to hear about how Eddie started off with Firmins. There is a little bit about Firmins in various posts on the old time section of this forum. I did have a message about 18 months ago to say Frank Sands is still alive.

Yep it is my late dad Erwin Weiss ( Eddie ) to all at Firmins I drove this lovely old truck some years later in early 70s as they still had on road . I have some more old photos from Firmins days must dig out for all to see. Karl

Please do share any old ones you have .
This is one of the best Kent photos I have seen , if you look on my Henley Transport thread you will see some photos of lorries loaded with Hops.

Hello Karl, I have sent you 2 Personal Messages. You need to be logged in to see PMs.

That is a fine load of hops, I am impressed, not a name showing! It obviously wasn’t going to rain that day.

Have to wonder why Firmins don’t still use the private plates on the trucks I know a couple are used on cars but would look great on the trucks

There is an article in the current Vintage Roadscene about Firmin’s AF numbers. Apparently numbers couldn’t be exchanged from commercial vehicles at the time so the author concludes that trucks were sold with those numbers. Apparently there were 44 trucks in the fleet with these numbers, but there are no fleet lists or types of vehicle.