What music did you listen to?

Ste46:

Buzzer:
As I have been known to say on many occasions, Mary Hopkins moments for all you posters " those were the days my friends " seems pretty appropriate but I always like ABBA and still do today suspect that’s cos I know most of the words and when your in the cab singing along it don’t matter what you sound like as your on your own. IMHO if you have driven a truck most of your working life you have probably listened to all sorts over the years.
The other thing that was paramount to a lot of my mates was to park up when the Archers were on, think it was 1/4 to 2 in the afternoons on BBC world service, did any one else do the same, cheers Buzzer

Most definately! I was also told that possibly the largest audience for Women’s Hour in those days was lorry drivers!

Steve

Not so much in a lorry as they didn’t come as standard but now ,Brass Bands ,John Denver one of his Late Night Radio which relates to truck driver’s and one tear jerker Please daddy don’t get drunk this Christmas,I don’t want to see my Mamma Cry ),Dubliners,Seekers and a few clasical.Oh ! and Blue Grass.Depends on the mood you are in.