Roger pickering photo's

Not wanting to hijack the thread but Marshals seemed to be a popular AEC model to put into storage. I went to visit a farmer ■■■ haulier near York who had “stored” 4 Marshals and a Mercury, all driven into a shed and left for a number of years. All the cabs were in very good condition. This farmer / haulier was dressed like, and spoke like a farmer character from “All Creatures Great and Small”. When I looked at the Mercury from the back I thought that its cab was tilted slightly, then I walked to the front and saw that the chassis had been cut in two behind the front spring hangers. The farmer told me he was going to make a trailer with the rear part of the Mercury then he changed his mind! The cutting was very clean, so the chassis could have been welded back together and plated. The Marshals were all complete except that he had taken the prop shafts off them and locked them away, “so nobody would steal the lorries”! Needless to say in true Yorkshire fashion the asking prices were silly money, so I came away with only memories of yet another strange character that seemed to abound in road haulage back in the day.
[/quote]
What some people will do to avoid paying income tax is amazing, I have sold many into sheds over the years.
Could never understand how the accountant lost them on the books, someone on here will know, for sure. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Harvey