Tinleton transport essex

Anyone know if they’re still going? I used to work for them many years ago

Got anything to go on? Like where in essex or any photos i seem to recollect them but need a jog.

IIRC, There is a firm by that name at Rainham.Also at Southockendon. Regards Larry.

Is this the outfit you are looking for.
transportphotos.com/road/photos

JLC00302-37.jpg
JLC00479-05.jpg

Thats them !! They used to be based at silvertown before docklands was developed and then they moved out Essex way.
Thanks for your help

I knew that i had heard of them, they had a big wood yard come depot next to the noak cafe on the a13 at Rainham.
steve.

I remember them, they had an old Bedford TM tractor unit and a Transcontinental too, they used to bring steel coils into H E Samsons in Colnbrook back in the day, think they ran them out of Seacon on the Isle of Dogs, one of their drivers had Tourette’s ( genuine ), he was a smashing bloke, took a bit of getting used to when he added expletives every couple of words and ended every sentence with c**t, I did wonder early days if it was a ■■■■ take as I had never heard of Tourette’s.

R143-500:
I remember them, they had an old Bedford TM tractor unit and a Transcontinental too, they used to bring steel coils into H E Samsons in Colnbrook back in the day, think they ran them out of Seacon on the Isle of Dogs, one of their drivers had Tourette’s ( genuine ), he was a smashing bloke, took a bit of getting used to when he added expletives every couple of words and ended every sentence with c**t, I did wonder early days if it was a ■■■■ take as I had never heard of Tourette’s.

H E Samsons from Colnbrook thats a blast from the past I used to load there in the 60s Off a London Clearing House IIRC They were called C & F Transport Ltd, It was a load of steel plate for delivery to Smart & Browns at Spennymoor, It was a regular job in those good old days, Regards Larry.

I think that they were connected somehow, to another timber hauling firm from Cuffley, Herts., called SWB, which stood for Sir William Burnett. Their trucks used to be in and out of each other’s yards. Both companies trucks were light blue. SWB had a couple of Leyland Marathon, and I seem to remember a Scania also. As far as I know, both firms finished a good few years ago. I think that TTL attracted the attention of ‘the ministry’, and were rapped across the knuckles.