"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Froggy55:

DIG:
Heres the latest about to hit our roads travelling Adelaide to Perth ,82.5 tons gross 42 metres long 60 pallet deck space or 120pallets with double deck Mezzanine floors.
Some comments on the social truck drivers forum here how 2nd driver comfort is like trying to sleep on a parcel tray.
Dig

Are Autralian pallets larger the European ones? A standard 12/13 metres semi-trailer accomodates 33 pallets. Normally, this 3-element outfit shout carry more. At least is that how I see things…

Froggy thats the companies advertised carrieing capacity per unit.
The Pallets size must be different your side of the globe Froggy if you get 33 per 40foot trailer floor space as this unit is 42metres total length I did a rough measurement with the prime mover at 5 metres from front to front of lead trailer that leaves 37metres for 3 trailers less the clearance between each unit so I reckon they would have a smidgeon over 12 metres floor space each one that would be 20 pallets a trailer here.I always thought the Chep pallets were a standard size worldwide but happy to be told different.Yours must be quite narrow.

Dig