"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pv83:

Lawrence Dunbar:

H143500:
In the pictures involving Wynns I notice they are painted for me unusually in black, is there a reason for this?

Well all my years starting in 1956 As a long distance Driver I can never recall Wynns Having this awfull black livery, I used to stay in Mrs Smiths Digs on Hyde Rd, Manchester in the 50s, & A lot of Wynns Lads used these Digs too, Their Livery was Red, My old late Grandad was a long distance man in the Steam Traction days, He new the Wynns familey way back in the 20s, Oh dear Ive just reminded myself that Im getting [zb] older by the minute never mind the day, So its down to the cellar & crack a bottle of single Malt open , Rock on old Larry if I may say so, Hic Hic, , But as long as I wake up on the 24th, I will be ready for another Day in life :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: . When one gets old I would say just chill out a bit before you end up a stiff, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

1956■■? Blimey mate, not even the pyramids are that old :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Right, I’ll get me coat…

Coming back to the question about the black livery, it’s indeed highly unusual, but Pete Smith reckoned the Scammell’s were ex-Wrekin Roadways…?

Thanks again.