Russian Roulette

When I was doing the M32 on a regular basis the ( I’ll call them Migs, cause I don’t really understand planes and other military stuff ) Migs used to drop out the sky and do fake bombing runs at the truck convoys at an altitude of about 20 meters. They’d line up along the road and come straight at you from about 4 or 5 k’s at 20 meters… Going well over Mk 1… about half a second after they passed there was a terrific bang and the windscreen used to go in and out about 2 inches… It was as if you were standing in a big balloon and someone just popped it…( I’ve never actually “experienced” being in a big balloon when someone popped it, but I can probably imagine what it’s like… and it’s never really been one of my desires either… I’d be sitting in the cab minding my own business and see them falling out the clouds and wait for the inevitable…

I used to think that was bad then one trip they came at us from behind…without any warning …^&*^%$# BANG ()(&^^&… then the after burner spitting out a big red flame as they headed back up into the clouds… They must have been laughing their ■■■■■■■■ of…I think the pilots name was Wayne Kerr… I was talking to Mackie one day and he said him and Gilders used to get the same thing… Usually just south of Balklour…

Jeff…