France advice request from a journalist

Yeah, all good Craig. They do love the paperwork don’t they ?!!! :confused: :confused: :cry: :cry:

My first trip, I was doubled up with another driver for a changeover at STEF les Essarts (89), just to show me the ins and outs, paperwork, on board computer thingy, dieseling up procedure on return etc., was supposed to be with him for a couple of days but on Tuesday they let me out on my own, did a changeover this time at Amiens, next trip a delivery to System-U in Fontenay-le-Compte, night out and return with Euros, Friday all local.
Was supposed to be doing France for a couple of weeks but Monday they said I was over the water. They are short of drivers for the UK, due to a lot of retirements, so getting an English speaking person with knowledge of the UK was a Godsend for them I think.
So Mon night ferry to P’mouth del Tuesday Poole and Westbury, reload pallets, back on the ferry, Weds am swap trailers in Ouistreham port with another driver, bit of local collections, over to STEF Rouen, swap trailers and back to Vire. Thurs was a trip down to Bordeaux for a fri am tip at Auchan, n/out then return to Vire with a collection on the way.

I don’t know if you deal with the office staff at Vire that much but I’ve found them, along with the drivers there to be really friendly and helpful.