Fuel card declined

Tell us what happened when your fuel card was declined. Lets say you are a shift away from base, at night, no one in the office.

Did you have cash or a personal credit card ?, did they send some one out in the morning ?, did they pay over the phone ? were the police involved ?

Was it the begining of the end for your company or a simple admin oversight?

Company credit card over the phone.

Bonus for me was I got nectar points.

Just a simple oversight.

Once went in, do you take this card? Yes we do. Went out filled up £1200 worth came in for card not to work! Do you have another way to pay? No. But we don’t take this card! Well stupid you, that is why I came in and specifically asked. After much huffing and puffing and calling manager they brought out the old carbon roller machine and took the card. Bottom line it is up to them to apply for payment from card issuer as they have agreed to accept the card before turning pump on. Probably did not help the truck was Irish registered!

I was in York a few weeks back, the diesel pumps were shut at the services on the A64 which is a BP and i only have a BP card, not key fuels or anything. I was really struggling, the needle was about a millimeter off the bottom. So i dropped my trailer near the park and ride and went into a small BP garage near by, i handed my fuel card over and went and put about 350 quids worth in. I then go back in to pay and she says the card has been reported stolen :open_mouth: (she must not have swiped it before she activated the pump thank god) I had to fill out all my details and had 7 days to pay, they cant take payment there and then over the phone for some reason.
I had a night out near Lichfield that night and got one of the night trunkers to tuck a new card behind my trailer plate when i was asleep.

Seldom use fuel card, we have own pumps.

When i had to use it once the ■■■■ thing had run out, boss man gave me his company credit card number over phone, job done.

Have paid before on another disorganised company and been reimbursed immediately.

never had a card declined, but i went in a local garage where i knew the owner, he’d got set up on UK fuels for my benefit and his. i promised him i’d fill up with around 800 litres every weekend. And i’d get the other three lads to do the same.
1st time in, i gave my card to a spotty oik, he said “No we don’t take it”. I tried to get him to check the card, But it was still “No”. He couldn’t be arsed.

He lost his job.
What a [zb]ing jobsworth idiot, He ended up with no job. :unamused:

limeyphil:
never had a card declined, … i gave my card to a spotty oik, he said “No we don’t take it”. I tried to get him to check the card, But it was still “No”. He couldn’t be arsed.

He lost his job.

So you never had a card declined, but did ? :smiley:

Hard a card declined before Christmas so gave the dude behind the counter another,and went to diesel up. Went back in and he said my cards were down as hot cards,and neither would work.So i gave him my credit card as it was late and i wouldn’t of been able to get any sense out of any one. Credit card went though ok and i asked for my fuel cards back and he said no! Hot cards to him ment stolen,and he wasn’t gona give them back to me,i gave him some choice words and he proceeded to cut both my cards in half.

At this point i went slightly mental and threatened to smash his fat face in, he ordered me to leave or he would ring the police,i told him to go ahead. I caused chaos just sat on the pump for about half an hour until the law turned up.

My reg on the cards and the police did an id and vehicle check,because they thought the lorry, which is mine had been stolen along with the two fuel cards.And the fat dude behind the counter was within his rights to keep my cards. My Mrs wasn’t happy because my credit card took a mega beating that week. :open_mouth:

Fat boy banned me but told the police if i apologise id be welcome back. lol told him to get ■■■■■■

This was the BP station on the a49 near Winnington Northwich :smiling_imp:

yonks ago on the M4 Heston services…

Me: Ok with this card?

Asian behind counter: Yes, OK, ■■■■■■■

Me: So, OK then?

Asian behind counter: Yes, yes, ■■■■■■■ OK

Me: I go outside to the pump, pull nozzle and pump 50 gallons into the F88. Then back to counter.

Asian behind counter: ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■! he shouts, and goes into animated conversation with his mate.

His Mate:
Why did you use the pump when your company is on the Stop list?

I attracted the attention of the Police, who just happened to be passing through the services, smoothed things over, while the firm coughed up on their credit card :slight_smile:

You obviously just made that up because the pump doesn’t just start working when you pick it up; it has to be activated by the Asian behind the counter. :wink:

Our card was refused in France last month because the server for the particular card was down. I found this out AFTER filling up.
I just used my credit card and the boss put more than enough straight into my bank. No drama.

Contraflow:
You obviously just made that up because the pump doesn’t just start working when you pick it up; it has to be activated by the Asian behind the counter. :wink:

in an F88 I think the story might outdate those style of pumps

Mike-C:

limeyphil:
never had a card declined, … i gave my card to a spotty oik, he said “No we don’t take it”. I tried to get him to check the card, But it was still “No”. He couldn’t be arsed.

He lost his job.

So you never had a card declined, but did ? :smiley:

You know what i meant. :laughing:
Spotty oik dosn’t count as official.

Contraflow:

And you mate are absolutely, and obviously, wrong in your assumption!

stuartrobbie:

Maybe you’re right… but then it would also probably outdate Asians behind petrol station counters too. :wink:

I remember when MRS was just about to go pop the fuel cards where the first thing to get rejected, then the fuel companies stop coming in to refill the bunker without being paid upfront.

Jabbeke 04.30 ,usual fuel stop.Gave cashier the card,filled up,went to pay.Sorry,card declined!!!Took great pleasure in getting the boss out of his pit :smiley: to hear ‘Oh,sorry-I’ve stopped dealing with them (EuroShell I think).Forgot to tell you’ :imp:.The other fuel card(s) I had weren’t acceptable. Anyway,paid with my card and no problem getting re imbursed,with a little bit on top :wink:

I’ve had a cards refused. Feel a right wally when it happened.
Glugged £150 in, card declined, left my name and address, paid on my next time past. Last year at Morrisons, tank full in the car and the card had been stopped, but the card issuer had not told us… Same routine, name and address,paid by bosses card the following day.
I’ve stopped using the card now unless it is really needed, prefer to pay by credit/debit card as it’s cheaper!
Cheers
Paul

Contraflow:

stuartrobbie:

Maybe you’re right… but then it would also probably outdate Asians behind petrol station counters too. :wink:

Asians were running Heston before Nelson Mandella was doing borstal.

It’s normally a sure-fire sign that a company is about to go “pop” if a fuel card is declined.