Fuel card declined

What ARE you on? I worked for multi nationals with millions in the bank. Sometimes there are glitches. FFS . :unamused:

Its a regular with our (all star) cards seems to be a lot of fraud with them cards
when its declined I usually say “oh that’s strange well you will have to take the diesel back then”
then you get the glare as they call the manager whom always has some number to ring (all star) who confirm the card is fine and they use the old machine to swipe it and take a copy of the card.
One day I was asked have you company id I replied sorry no but does the truck outside with the company name not provide enough id was told no so then she said oh the jacket your wearing has the company name on it that s fine :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I spent a whole day waiting in Oxford once when working for clearway as the cards had been turned off(again) a manager drive down to me 8 hours after I’d told them. He then told me to carry on to reading and be late for my tip at waitrose just in case they’d let me in :laughing: wasn’t the only time I had to sit and wait either, they’ve gone pop twice since.

Harry Monk:
It’s normally a sure-fire sign that a company is about to go “pop” if a fuel card is declined.

Not necessarily :unamused: Fuel card companies are nervous nellies sometimes :wink:

I had my own personal Esso card refused once after filling up in Rouen :open_mouth: Normally I would of had my DKV with me but I’d given it to one of my lads for reasons I can’t recall :blush: So I pulled off the pumps and had a coffee with the old boy while yelling at Esso on the phone. Could of just visa carded it but if all the cards were on stop that needed sorting as I couldn’t have my lads stuck, nor have anyone thinking I was in trouble which I very much wasn’t :wink:

Long and short of it was a company with a very similar name had gone pop and they put me on stop either by assuming we were related or simple confusion/clerical error. :unamused: They OK’d a manual transaction with the station and the other cards were put back online. They also sent out replacement cards in case anyone hadn’t unblocked them i.e. none Esso stations that took Esso cards. :laughing: :laughing:

Dumb assuming statements and ill drawn conclusions can do a good business a lot of harm, Harry. That’s why this site won’t allow the rumour mill posts :wink:

On the plus side the whole debacle turned into a useful price negotiation tool :grimacing: