Stobarts aquire Autologic Holdings

Stobart Group has bought the quoted vehicle logistics business Autologic Holdings in a deal that values the firm at £12.4m.

Autologic has its headquarters in Northampton and sites nationwide, including Carrington in Greater Manchester and Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, as well as operations in Belgium, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic.

The firm, which was founded in 1996 and floated a year later, provides services such as vehicle storage and transportation, and paint and accident repairs.

It posted revenues of £144.7m during 2011, generating pre-tax profits of £2.1m.

Details of the talks over a potential takeover by Stobart were announced last month. Stobart said yesterday it believed Autologic would benefit from the group’s buying power in relation to new vehicles, maintenance, parts and insurance.

It also sees potential for Autologic to expand further into European markets.

Stobart chief executive Andrew Tinkler said: “Autologic is an excellent fit with our group strategy to expand into complementary service offerings, and it will facilitate our entry into the auto-logistics market in a leading position.

“We expect to be able to drive substantial synergies and efficiencies from improved fleet utilisation, vehicle buying and maintenance, which will benefit our customers and drive value for our shareholders.

“We also see opportunities to expand Autologic’s presence in Europe where we have a growing presence.”

Stobart, whose operations include the Eddie Stobart haulage business and London Southend Airport, employs around 1,000 staff in the Warrington area.

menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening … c-holdings

Coming soon: Stobart Funeral Services, Stobart Milk Floats, Stobart Recovery Services, Stobart Cruise Liners, Stobart Brothels, Stobart Fire and Rescue, Stobart Armed Security, Stobcos, Storrisons, Stob-op, Stobart Laser Eye Clinic, Stobart Broadband and if you ask them really nicely they might tarmac your drive.

Don’t mean to knock 'em or anyone who drives for them but they do seem to have many fingers in many pies. I thought car transporters were one of the few “better paid” jobs left? Or is 7.50p/h a normal sum to expect? There comes a point when ambition turns into pure greed, often to the detriment of the workers whilst the people in the board room can buy an Austin Martin as a run around. Cant blame the people that work for them though, everyone needs to put food on the table.

The Pariah:
Coming soon: Stobart Funeral Services, Stobart Milk Floats, Stobart Recovery Services, Stobart Cruise Liners, Stobart Brothels, Stobart Fire and Rescue, Stobart Armed Security, Stobcos, Storrisons, Stob-op, Stobart Laser Eye Clinic, Stobart Broadband and if you ask them really nicely they might tarmac your drive.

Don’t mean to knock 'em or anyone who drives for them but they do seem to have many fingers in many pies. I thought car transporters were one of the few “better paid” jobs left? Or is 7.50p/h a normal sum to expect? There comes a point when ambition turns into pure greed, often to the detriment of the workers whilst the people in the board room can buy an Austin Martin as a run around. Cant blame the people that work for them though, everyone needs to put food on the table.

Having fingers in many pies is always a good idea IMHO, so good on them.

Not sure what the well paid car transporting is, but £7.50 was about right for Autologic anyway from what I remember when I went for a job, think there was a ‘per car’ payment or something, but I’m going back about 5yrs.

What’s an Austin Martin? Sounds like a sports car that would lose a door handle as it left the showroom :laughing:

Cue the stobart bashers :slight_smile:

I love Stobarts. :open_mouth:

lilysgranpa:

Get your name down quick! :grimacing: can’t wait to see our lot playing dukes of hazard off the top :smiley: pay peanuts :laughing: :sunglasses: WILLIAM :grimacing: :grimacing:

waynedl:

The Pariah:

Having fingers in many pies is always a good idea IMHO, so good on them.

Not sure what the well paid car transporting is, but £7.50 was about right for Autologic anyway from what I remember when I went for a job, think there was a ‘per car’ payment or something, but I’m going back about 5yrs.

What’s an Austin Martin? Sounds like a sports car that would lose a door handle as it left the showroom :laughing:

That £7.50 an hour you mention used to equate to £40 to £50k annual gross at that time once the bonus’s went on for 5 day weeks, plus nights out.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Stobart ? Never heard of him ? who is he ? Regards Larry.

lilysgranpa:

And me :wink:. I overtook one today and waved :smiley:

I remember those good old days.

£4.50 an hour but £100+ a day in bonus!

The Pariah:

There already is Stobart Barristers. No - I’m not making this up.

The Pariah:

Lol stobart brothels would suit me just fine sir. As long as it doesn’t say tesco on anything I’m happy… :smiley:

A lot of their fleet looks like its coming to the end of its life and they are not cheap to replace! Bet they take an age from order to delivery as well.

Pimpdaddy:

The Pariah:

Lol stobart brothels would suit me just fine sir. As long as it doesn’t say tesco on anything I’m happy… :smiley:

Every “Little” helps

I think I saw a stobart brass once. She looked like grotbags :stuck_out_tongue:

I am waiting for the positions to come up, always fancied car transporters. Wonder if I could transfer. :confused:

Beginning of the end for decent pay in this sector then.

Wait for depot closures and redundancies.

farmfoods sell stobarts pork pies what next